Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop Quiz: What seems to be missing?

Time for a Pop Quiz.

Look at the Production Order for the 1962 Indiana State Police Lark 4-door in this thread:

All things considered, what regular production option (not even a special fleet option!) seems to be missing from that Production Order? Given the car's intended use and equipment, you would have every reason to expect that this option would be on those cars. In fact, I'll bet the car was built with the option I'm thinking of, but it just didn't get put on the PO.

The first person to post the correct answer here wins a copy of the smaller, NOS, uncirculated 1964 full-line prochure #PD64-11:

Courtesy of Andy Beckman at The Studebaker National Museum, but I'll mail it to you.

(Cousin George Krem: You don't get to participate because it was you who first noticed the [probable] omission!) BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Dome Light ...ISP installed their own type.

PS: Where is that LARK PARKER when you need him?
    Last edited by 56Golden; 08-19-2016, 06:37 AM. Reason: LP where are you??

Comment

Bob;
      How about heavy duty springs. Or traction bars like the Avanti or a rear sway bar. Maybe it would be listed as a handling package.
      Ron

Comment

External hood release.

Comment

Spare tire.......

Comment

Ejection seat!

Comment

Dual exhaust or Twin Traction.
              Bob Langer
              Glenshaw,PA

Comment

Twin traction could be very dangerous when driving with aggression on a rain slicked street.

Comment

Originally posted by Studebakercenteroforegon View Post
                  Twin traction could be very dangerous when driving with aggression on a rain slicked street.
                  For me, TT is much safer on slippery surfaces, because its less likely to spin out. Of course, I am seldom, "in hot pursuit". But not sure if that would change anything.

As for the OP's question: no clue, but eager for someone to get it right, to satisfy my curiosity

Comment

Zippered Headliner for the Police Lights.

Bob Miles

Comment

Sure seems like that car would have had disk brakes... or at least power brakes since disk brakes were a 63 item
                      Mike Lynch
                      Sunnyslope, AZ

"Be kind and civil. Allow that you may be mistaken; allow that others will make mistakes, be gracious. If you're going to contribute, try to make it worthwhile."
                      Alan Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
                        For me, TT is much safer on slippery surfaces, because its less likely to spin out. Of course, I am seldom, "in hot pursuit". But not sure if that would change anything.

As for the OP's question: no clue, but eager for someone to get it right, to satisfy my curiosity
                        With Twin Traction, you are MORE likely to spin out in a slippery situation. Without Twin Traction, one wheel acts like a "rudder" when cornering aggressively, while with Twin Traction both wheels would spin on the pavement and you will be turned around before you know it.

Comment

I would say twin traction, too.

On the subject of disc brakes, the production order was written on 2/22/62, at least a month and a half before the Avanti was unveiled--did Studebaker offer disc brakes *before* the Avanti was announced? I always thought disc brakes debuted on the Avanti and then were introduced as options on Larks and Hawks later.

Comment

Seat belts.
                            Richard Quinn
                            Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

No cage divider for back seat suspects. I didn't see it on the build sheet.

Comment

Working...
                              X