Choke pull-off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: Choke pull-off

It's been almost 3 weeks since I paid for a choke pull-off for my Rochester 2GV and when I called the local parts store I had to get past the defensive clerk and try to lead him to he proper course of action when a customer has been waiting and getting no word. I actually had to point out that he was the employee and what would he do in this case? (answer: you try and find out what's going on with the order - He couldn't seem to follow my line of thinking). He just says, "Oh, it's not here yet". Gee thanks, Mr. Hot Shot customer serviceman. He finally said he'd leave a note for the supervisor, who should have seen it yesterday and called me, but didn't.

Anyway, they ordered Walker 101-4??, although the book said 101-566. I think their number was a newer part number. Does anyone where I could get this choke pull-off without spending $10 for shipping? It's only a $15 part.
    Thanks.
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

If not through one of the Studebaker vendors, Amazon has one. Looks like it might be tough to get.

https://www.amazon.com/Walker-Products-101-566-Choke-Pull/dp/B01B8J3KM6

And the Catalog:

Comment

Thanks for the help. I called again today and it just arrived at the store. I'm disappointed in the service, but glad I can get my '66 Cruiser one little step closer to like new. The ugly news is that the next 4 or 5 days are going to be over 100 degrees each day. I might tackle it tomorrow morning. I might or might not drive it depending on how fast the day heats up.
      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Working...
      X