1915 7-passenger touring car available in Pateros WA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1915 7-passenger touring car available in Pateros WA

There's a running 1915 7-passenger touring car available near Pateros WA (east of the Cascade range, near the center of the state where it's dry).

Last edited by Mark L; 08-14-2016, 03:00 PM.
    Mark L

That would be a fun car to have.....I think. I wonder of the interior is complete and original? I guess these cars just don't command much money.

Comment

Does anybody know what the things are that are next to the spark plugs? I am 65 and and embarrassed to admit I have never seen these. Compression release, oilers, priming cups nothing I have thought of seems to fit. It is probably something obvious but it is driving me nuts with curiosity. Anyone know? Thanks.
      Last edited by Mikado282; 08-14-2016, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikado282 View Post
        Does anybody know what the things are that are next to the spark plugs? I am 65 and and embarrassed to admit I have never seen these. Compression release, oilers, priming cups nothing I have thought of seems to fit. It is probably something obvious but it it driving me nuts with curiosity. Anyone know? Thanks.
        I would say primers

Comment

About twenty years ago, a very active member of the chapter I was a part of in Texas drove his 1917 touring car to our February meeting - about 30 miles one way. Texas in February is usually not that cold (think it was 50 that day). Even with the side curtains down and winter clothing from head to toe, he and his wife were pretty "chilled" by the time they reached the meeting place...the dawn of the automobile age was not always an all weather endeavor...

Comment

Flashback is right - primer cups. Put a little gas in each one, valve that into the cylinder then start a cold engine. I don't know if these are used in place of or along with carburetor choke. Jay Leno explains and demonstrates primer cups on some of his older cars.

Originally posted by Mikado282 View Post
            Does anybody know what the things are that are next to the spark plugs? I am 65 and and embarrassed to admit I have never seen these. Compression release, oilers, priming cups nothing I have thought of seems to fit. It is probably something obvious but it is driving me nuts with curiosity. Anyone know? Thanks.
            Jim K.
            63 Hawk

Comment

Thank you for your replies. Now I know for certain.
              Last edited by Mikado282; 08-15-2016, 12:24 PM.

Comment

I used to dream of having a car like that. It would be fun to make short trips around town.
                "In the heart of Arkansas."
                Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
                X