Speed Week 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed Week 2016

Today is the first day of racing. I found a couple of sets of pictures already but the results aren't posted yet so I don't know who's run so far. Several nice pictures of C/Ks in various classes. There's also a shot of the Monza that took our F/CGC record (it's green with orange flames). Still looking for pictures of Jim Lange's car. Does anyone know if he's out there yet? Also, does anyone know the 6302 car? It's running XO/GC. It might be a Champion engine if he has EFI hooked up to it or else he'd be running production class. It could be a Commander 6. More likely it's a GMC.

Friday

Saturday
    Note:  This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...

I wish I could have taken my car this year. The last 2 years were called off due to very poor salt conditions due to rain.

Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_9009 - Copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	1708378
    Last edited by sailingadventure; 08-14-2016, 05:24 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the posting for those of us who couldn't make it. A Crossley and a Renault at Bonneville-Now I've seen everything!

Comment

Thanks for posting the photos Bob.

Mike

Comment

I really thought it was over for Bonneville. So glad to see they made it happen this year.
          Ed Sallia
          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

I went in 1998 for the 50th, and stayed 8 days. It was the most satisfying motorsports experience of my life. The thing I really love about salt racing? There are NO cookie-cutter cars. Individuality and problem solving rule. High tech, low tech, vintage or freshly constructed - all are valid answers to the question of, how fast can you go?
            The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Here's the SCTA page for results:

They will get updated as the event moves forward.

More pictures than you can shake a stick at with plenty of Studebakers.

Hope someone can figure out where Jim Lange is. Haven't seen a picture of his car yet.

Comment

I was on the salt in 2003 as a crew member for a friend. It was indeed an incredible experience. I have wanted to go back every year since but it just hasn't happened. I was afraid, after the rain for the last couple of years, we may not see racing on the salt again. I am so glad things are back and going. If you want to see some of most ingenious attempts at automotive speed, Bonneville is the place. Hopefully I can make it back at some point.

Thanks for posting the photos. They bring back many very pleasant memories.
                Joe Roberts
                '61 R1 Champ
                '65 Cruiser
                Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I'm sure I read it was called off this year by some gov. agency
                  Was I wrong?
                  Last edited by johnod; 08-16-2016, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sailingadventure View Post
                    I wish I could have taken my car this year. The last 2 years were called off due to very poor salt conditions due to rain.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57345[/ATTACH]

What a great looking car, what are you running in it?

Comment

Working...
                    X