Golden Hawk Hoods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Hawk Hoods

Did all 56 Golden Hawks have the short bubble hood or did some come with the long 57 style bubble?
    I've seen both a wonder if Studebaker did it, maybe a running line change?

All 56 Hawks had the short bubble hood, one year only.

Bob Miles

Comment

What Bob said, Lynn.

Many 1956 Hawk hoods flew up and were destroyed, not to mention ordinary collisions from driving fast, etc., that the '56s you see with later hoods have, in fact, later hoods.

I cannot prove it, but it may have been that later on, 1957 hoods were shipped as replacements for 1956 hoods when the original 1956 service stock had been depleted in the course of filling normal collision repair parts orders. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanx, I've seen beautiful restorations with the later hood and wondered if I was wrong.

Comment

There are many Power Hawks, Flight Hawks and maybe a few Sky Hawks out there with '57 Hoods, but I just cannot imagine a Valuable, Real, "Golden Hawk" having one, that would be a Deal Breaker for me for sure!
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            There are many Power Hawks, Flight Hawks and maybe a few Sky Hawks out there with '57 Hoods, but I just cannot imagine a Valuable, Real, "Golden Hawk" having one, that would be a Deal Breaker for me for sure!
            Really Rich?,...If you came upon a nice '56 Golden in all respects, but found it had a later Hawk hood on it, you wouldn't be interested in the car for just that reason?

It sure wouldn't bother me and, let's face it, the '57 up Hawk hoods actually look better than "Bubble Boy"!!

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
              <snip>...If you came upon a nice '56 Golden in all respects, but found it had a later Hawk hood on it, you wouldn't be interested in the car for just that reason?
              There are "a few ways" of addressing that little inconvenience of finding a '57 & up hood on a '56. All it takes ...as they say ..."is time & money"!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                What Bob said, Lynn.
                What Bob & Bob said!!!

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                I cannot prove it, but it may have been that later on, 1957 hoods were shipped as replacements for 1956 hoods when the original 1956 service stock had been depleted in the course of filling normal collision repair parts orders.BP
                That "fact" is easy to prove, Bob!!! All one has to do is look in Studebaker's own published Book F effective October 1, 1968.

Comment

I think it may be more about being a true CASO than about the Hood, if I were going to spend $6 to $8,000.00 for a '56 Power Hawk, I would't worry as much about a correct hood, but a WELL over $10,000.00 GOLDEN Hawk?
                  It needs to be correct looking at least!
                  StudeRich
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by That "[COLOR=#0000ff
                    fact[/COLOR]" is easy to prove, Bob!!! All one has to do is look in Studebaker's own published Book F effective October 1, 1968.
                    Cool, Jim; I had not seen that. Thanks. BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Very COOL Golden (Jim), my Newest Book "F" is March 1, 1961, yours would be much more interesting.

But tell me this Please when you have time, was that also the case with the '56 Only Hawk Decklid?

My Original '56 Power Hawk had only one prior owner whom both Dad & I knew after Dad sold the Car new.
                      But it is one of about Three I have seen with the "Power Hawk" Nameplates and Crest Badge on the lower Right instead of where the smooth part of the Ribbed Area WAS on '56's, so I know it's a NOS '57-'61 Replacement from a fender bender.

That would explain a lot, if the 1312055 Lids were no longer available and superseded in the mid 1960's.

Originally Posted by 56Golden
                      /Cut/That "fact" is easy to prove, Bob!!! All one has to do is look in Studebaker's own published Book F effective October 1, 1968.

Last edited by StudeRich; 08-13-2016, 03:51 PM.
                      StudeRich
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                      X