1952 Studebaker 2R5 on the way to increase the collection size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1952 Studebaker 2R5 on the way to increase the collection size

I went to the Studebaker Truck seminar in Rhode Island and came out inspired to get a little Studebaker truck. The one I bought is sitting in Edmonton and will be on its way here by Wed morning. I bought it from a fellow in Creston BC. I am near Ottawa, so it will be a bit getting it here. Probably by Sunday. It is a Hamilton built truck. I am looking to get it running first and then putting an overdrive tranny in it out of a 48 land cruiser. I understand the input shafts need to be swapped. I will be looking for the under the hood OD components and brackets also if anyone has them. Next will be body and paint job.
    They are a really handsome little truck. Thank you Robert Bourke!
    I have a chance to get a 2R5 engine if I need to replace it. Is there a list of engine serial numbers by year available for the trucks?
    The Avanti and 47 Champion will have some company as well as the 12 Cockshutt tractors, 6 styled by Raymond Lowey!
    thanks to the Ontario guys we had supper with in Rhode island for the encouragement to get this little fellow.
    Attached Files

Loofdks like you found a pretty good truck. Keep us informed about your progress with the project.
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Looks pretty rust-free. Good luck with it -- they're a lot of fun.
      Skip Lackie

Comment

It looks like a good place to start; congratulations! BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks so much for all the encouragement. It is to leave Edmonton tomorrow, so I should see it Sunday or so. First step will be to put some oil down the sparkplug holes, then see how badly it is seized if at all.
          Should be fun working on it.

Comment

if that back bumper makes it to you, keep it, they're a bit hard to find.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs K Corbin View Post
              if that back bumper makes it to you, keep it, they're a bit hard to find.
              I just spoke to them a few minutes ago. The bumper is well strapped in and the tailgate is in the cab. It left this morning and should be here by Sat or Sunday!!

Comment

Working...
              X