parts interchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parts interchange

Will a 53 champion 4 door front end ( fenders,hood , firewall, left and right side cowl panels ) fit a 53 c/k . Thanks

Pretty much NOTHING on a '53-'55 Sedan or Wagon fits the BODY of a "C" Coupe or a "K" Hardtop... 0

Maybe the Factory Side View MIRRORS!

When you look at side view of the 2, you see TALLER Fenders, Doors AND BODY, so nothing is the same.
    Your Studebaker Body Parts Catalog will show you Pictorially and Part Number wise the huge differences.

You really cannot work on these Cars or contemplate same, without excess to the Body and Chassis Parts Catalogs.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 08-05-2016, 02:57 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Were the 53 grille bars the same on C/K and sedans?
      Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
      50 Champion 2 door*
      53 Commander K Auto*
      53 Commander K overdrive*
      55 President Speedster
      62 GT 4Speed*
      63 Avanti R1*
      64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Originally posted by c.moo View Post
        Will a 53 champion 4 door front end ( fenders,hood , firewall, left and right side cowl panels ) fit a 53 c/k . Thanks
        No it wont...the replacement parts have to be from another C-K type, and later Hawk sheetmetal up to and including '64 will also fit your '53.

Comment

Originally posted by ddub View Post
          Were the 53 grille bars the same on C/K and sedans?
          Yes Don the 298212 and 298213 Grille Bars (Inserts) themselves, are one of the VERY Few Parts that do fit Sedans and Coupes/Hardtops in 1953 ONLY!

That is because they have no Vertical "Teeth" on the '53 Grille Bars, but I don't think that will help THIS Gentleman.

That took me less time than to type this, about a MINUTE to find in my Downloaded Studebaker Chassis Parts Catalog!
          StudeRich
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            Pretty much NOTHING on a '53-'55 Sedan or Wagon fits the BODY of a "C" Coupe or a "K" Hardtop... 0

Maybe the Factory Side View MIRRORS!

When you look at side view of the 2, you see TALLER Fenders, Doors AND BODY, so nothing is the same.
            Your Studebaker Body Parts Catalog will show you Pictorially and Part Number wise the huge differences.

You really cannot work on these Cars or contemplate same, without excess to the Body and Chassis Parts Catalogs.
            Have parts catalog for c/k but, not for sedans or wagons.

Comment

I have sold Studebaker Parts since 1970 at that time at the Dealer, and NEVER have seen such a Book, are you sure you have or are Reading the whole Book?

There are Sections for Open and Closed Bodies and the Front End Parts are in the Cooling Section of the CHASSIS Parts Catalog.
              StudeRich
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                I have sold Studebaker Parts since 1970 at that time at the Dealer, and NEVER have seen such a Book, are you sure you have or are Reading the whole Book?

There are Sections for Open and Closed Bodies and the Front End Parts are in the Cooling Section of the CHASSIS Parts Catalog.
                Quit making a big deal out of it . You said parts won't interchange , thats all i wanted to know and thank you for that . Far as the parts manual go , it came with the car when i got it. Somebody copy what they needed is my guess .

Comment

Working...
                X