Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: 1925 Studebaker ER (standard) Engine Electrical Problem

Hello Forum.
    First time poster, long time follower. I recently replaced worn wire under the dash board with correct wire and connectors. All gauges were restored professionally and installed with care. Starter, generator, and distributor were rebuilt by skilled people as well and I have accumulated all-new-old-stock ignition parts ( it took me 20 years). The engine turns well, but won't start. (on the fuel side of the engine, everything is triple check perfect as well as the timing). A picture of the rear of the instrument panel and of the fire wall for a guide to where the correct wires are connected would GREATLY help me complete my project ( ignition switch wiring, voltage regulator, ignition coil set-up in exact pictorial detail). I have original wire diagrams but photos would help me out a little more.
    Thank you,
    Bernie

If the engine will not fire it is either fuel or spark. But it is nearly always spark. My dad used to say when the engine will not start check the ignition. Then check the ignition. Finally check the ignition again. So do you have spark at the plug? If not do you have spark at the coil? If not do you have voltage at the coil when the points are closed? Just follow it back until you find the problem. You may also want to follow the Antique Stude forum here:

Most people seem to be on both but the Antique guys tend to specialize in the prewar cars. Good luck!

Nathan

Comment

As my old shop teacher always said: "if it has, compression, fuel, and spark at the right time, it has to run" Check your fuel and timing.

jim
      "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
      their Memorials!

Comment

Working...
      X