Beautiful 52 Commander coupe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful 52 Commander coupe.

The buy it now price may be optimistic, but this is a very nicely done car. I don't think I have seen a 52 with more optional equipment, but it is surprising that it does not have a push button radio or backup lights. The few minor modifications from factory stock do not hurt its appeal at all. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Studebaker-C...m=222204558040
    Attached Files
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

I normally do not like Fender Skirts, but they actually DO look good on '51-'52 Starlight Coupes, those really Cool Regal "L" shaped Stone Guards dress it up a LOT also.

Just not what I would do to put a Visor, and Dual Spotlights on it though.
    A very nice Car, it should bring a good $25,000.00, but we know how it goes when a Classic Car Dealer gets hold of it.

I always preferred those neat '52 Tail Lights, this reminds me of my very first Stude; a '52 Commander 2 Door Sedan with Overdrive and Dual Exhausts.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 07-30-2016, 07:08 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I love that shiny paint.
      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
        I normally do not like Fender Skirts, but they actually DO look good on '51-'52 Starlight Coupes, those really Cool Regal "L" shaped Stone Guards dress it up a LOT also.

Just not what I would do to put a Visor, and Dual Spotlights on it though.
        A very nice Car, it should bring a good $25,000.00, but we know how it goes when a Classic Car Dealer gets hold of it.

I always preferred those neat '52 Tail Lights, this reminds me of my very first Stude; a '52 Commander 2 Door Sedan with Overdrive and Dual Exhausts.

This particular car is done to catch the eye at car shows and not so much driving by on the street. I liked my Starlight coupe without all the barbs. To me the side view looks slick without so much trim.
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

I am surprised that there are no pics of the engine or truck

Comment

The pictures are there. Go farther down the page.
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

I agree with StudeRich that the fender skirts really do look good on this model, surprisingly enough. As for that windshield visor...not so much.

Comment

This car was auctioned at BJ in Vegas last year . I looked it over as much as I could , very nice car , only a couple things were incorrect but I can't remember but they were miner .
                sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

It's gorgeous. Love the 52 hubcaps, love the fender top trim. But have never been a fan of the bumper guard / grill guard as it hides that beautiful front end too much.

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
                    This car was auctioned at BJ in Vegas last year . I looked it over as much as I could , very nice car , only a couple things were incorrect but I can't remember but they were minor .
                    The most obvious thing to me is the incorrect color on the dash, steering column, firewall and kick panels, but they look good so no harm done. Most people wouldn't know anyway.
                    Searcy, Arkansas
                    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Looking at this car, I can (in the back of my mind) imagine Chick Lambert (the spokesman for Ralph Williams Ford) pushing this car on TV. "Look at this car! Can you not see my reflection in it?! Fully equiped! V8! Overdrive! Radio, heater, white sidewall tyres...just to start! Bring your car down, bring your wife! We can write you a great deal and carry the paper too!"

Here's a "rehearsal" tape done by Chick way back when; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IByDSLeM6Lk Be forewarned, LOTS of rough language. Apologies for not noting this earlier.

Whatever happened to Chick anyway? I know Ralph was a guest of the penal system for rolling back speedos and other unprofessional type practices.
                      Last edited by spokejr; 08-02-2016, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Les Bacon Studebaker in Hermosa Beach, Calif. was another Big one, the way I remember it, he later became a more Famous Big TV type Ford Dealer!
                        Last edited by StudeRich; 08-01-2016, 10:39 PM.
                        StudeRich
                        Second Generation Stude Driver,
                        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The foul language that guy uses is horrible. I wish you had not posted it.
                          Searcy, Arkansas
                          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
                            The foul language that guy uses is horrible. I wish you had not posted it.
                            Post edited to note language, sorry for the oversight.

Comment

Working...
                            X