Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Studebaker information..Packard the same?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker information..Packard the same?

I was wondering if there is someone that makes carpet kits for the 58 commander. I called stock interiors, I have bought many carpet kits from them for other vehicles always great, anyways, they don't offer anything for a Studebaker. Is Packard sedans the same floor as a Studebaker sedan? My vinyl is/was great shape but very brittal and want to change it out. Another thing, what are the colors of the engines suppose to be? I see silver, gold and red on mine. Anyone have a picture of one painted up? Does anyone have any contacts for NOS interior?

As long as its a President sedan, it will have the same floor stamping as a Packard sedan for '58. Commanders and Champions have a 4" shorter wheelbase. I suppose the excess rear carpet length will hide under the front seat in a Commander, although you will have to trim it to fit the narrower rear door opening.

Craig
    Last edited by 8E45E; 07-27-2016, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Here are some'58 Engine views, they are Aluminum Silver front to tail of Transmission, pretty much everywhere.
      Note that both of these have been "dressed up" with '56-'57 valve Cover Decals, not Factory stock, but look good.

Click image for larger version

Name:	58CommStarlight4.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	1708028 Click image for larger version

Name:	Shadowtone Red Jewel Beige Comm J4i.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	154.5 KB
ID:	1708029 The Fan Blades only, (not Pulley) were Black on NOS Factory replacements and Silver on Production original Cars.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Southeast Studebaker makes complete interiors for your car, and very good quality. Just like factory. However there is a fairly long wait to get one, up to a year in my experience. Worth the wait if you have time and want it done correctly... I have purchased 2 complete interiors from them and they are NICE. One for my '64 Daytona, and one for our '57 Hawk.
        1950 Commander Land Cruiser
        1951 Champion Business Coupe
        1951 Commander Starlight
        1952 Champion 2Dr. Sedan
        1953 Champion Starlight
        1953 Commander Starliner
        1953 2R5
        1956 Golden Hawk Jet Streak
        1957 Silver Hawk
        1957 3E5 Pick-Up
        1959 Silver Hawk
        1961 Hawk
        1962 Cruiser 4 speed
        1963 Daytona Convertible
        1964 Daytona R2 4 speed
        1965 Cruiser
        1970 Avanti

Comment

According to their website, Stock Interiors does not carry carpets for Packards past 1956, which is not surprising since they don't list Studebaker either.
          Mike Davis
          1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Working...
          X