PDA

View Full Version : Nice low mileage 1957 Commander on eBay

stude dude
07-18-2016, 05:30 AM
Just saw this - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Studebaker-COMMANDER-V8-/142057359295?forcerrptr=true&hash=item21134747bf:g:RccAAOSwbsBXi643&item=142057359295

Looks like a genuine 41K mile car to me (except for the aftermarket seat covers) and probably good value for money.

Chris.

62champ
07-18-2016, 06:24 AM
Plus it has that cool twin traction sticker above the ignition switch - and the sticker to let car thieves know how much someone will get for turning them in...

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/Ly0AAOSwqfNXi7Ix/s-l1600.jpg

StudeRich
07-19-2016, 12:12 AM
I think a lot of Studebaker Dealers really did NOT pump up all the wonderful Accessories and Options that Studebaker offered enough.

I guess that would work in some cases, but most buyers really were very cost conscious, so who knows.

I think more Options would have sold of course, if the base price did not have to be already OVER most of the competition. :(

Obviously why I mention that about this Car, is it's a nice looking Deluxe 4 Door with V8, Automatic, TT and Deluxe Steering Wheel but; No Padded Dash was ordered, no Radio, No Cigar Lighter, no Clock, no Tinted Glass, just Climitizer and maybe WW Tires and Wheel Covers, those could have been added after sale.

studegary
07-19-2016, 02:01 PM
I think a lot of Studebaker Dealers really did NOT pump up all the wonderful Accessories and Options that Studebaker offered enough.

I guess that would work in some cases, but most buyers really were very cost conscious, so who knows.

I think more Options would have sold of course, if the base price did not have to be already OVER most of the competition. :(

Obviously why I mention that about this Car, is it's a nice looking Deluxe 4 Door with V8, Automatic, TT and Deluxe Steering Wheel but; No Padded Dash was ordered, no Radio, No Cigar Lighter, no Clock, no Tinted Glass, just Climitizer and maybe WW Tires and Wheel Covers, those could have been added after sale.

I think that those new car buyers that wanted a "loaded" sedan would have opted for the President Classic with its nicer interior.