48 Champion Convertible trunk lid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 48 Champion Convertible trunk lid

Are 47-49 Champion trunk lids interchangeable? Does anyone have a decent one in the vicinity of Minnesota?

If I remember right the convertible and business coupe [3 passenger coupe] used the same trunk lid. When I was looking for one. I never found one. But that was 30 years ago.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0327.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	1707843Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0327.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	1707843This trunk lid is from a 52 Commander HT. it is mounted on a 49 Champion convertible. As I understand it, All trunk lids are the same from 47-52 except coupes.
      Neil Thornton

Comment

Thank you Neil, that's the info my friend needs to broaden his quest for replacement of his which just suffered a boo-boo.

Comment

There are two sizes of trunk lids in the 47-52 years.

The "short" one fits convertibles, two door sedans, four door sedans and land cruisers.

The "long" one fits three passenger coupes and five passenger coupes.

Likewise, the hinges are different. Coupes get one hinge set and the rest get the other hinge set.
          RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
          4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
          5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
            There are two sizes of trunk lids in the 47-52 years.

The "short" one fits convertibles, two door sedans, four door sedans and land cruisers.

The "long" one fits three passenger coupes and five passenger coupes.

Likewise, the hinges are different. Coupes get one hinge set and the rest get the other hinge set.
            Also the Latch/handle holes may be drilled differently.
            Neil Thornton

Comment

I have a 50 Champion 4dr I may be parting out.

Comment

Originally posted by avantiz View Post
                Are 47-49 Champion trunk lids interchangeable? Does anyone have a decent one in the vicinity of Minnesota?
                There are some at French Lake auto dismantlers in Annandale, MN, about 40 miles west of Minneapolis.
                RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Working...
                X