Low Mileage Studebaker offered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Mileage Studebaker offered

A 1958 Studebaker bought off the U.S. production line by a plumber in New Zealand as a honeymoon gift for a wedding that never happened is going up for sale having driven just 74 miles.

Bid high, bid often!
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Anyone care to guess why she left?
    Andy
    62 GT

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, I believe this is the car that Carroll Studebaker told us about years ago. He had considered trying to purchase it. Somewhere I have pictures of it.

I'm pretty sure there was coverage of this car in Turning Wheels many years ago. Perhaps someone out there can chime in with more details and confirmation.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Yep;

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
          If I'm not mistaken, I believe this is the car that Carroll Studebaker told us about years ago. He had considered trying to purchase it. Somewhere I have pictures of it.

I'm pretty sure there was coverage of this car in Turning Wheels many years ago. Perhaps someone out there can chime in with more details and confirmation.

Stu Chapman
          Stu, You have a good memory. Carroll checked that car out in New Zealand before attending our Studebaker National here in Melbourne back in 1985. I recall him telling me about it. Jim Q.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
          MELBOURNE.

Comment

Originally posted by HAWK64 View Post
            Stu, You have a good memory. Carroll checked that car out in New Zealand before attending our Studebaker National here in Melbourne back in 1985. I recall him telling me about it. Jim Q.
            Thought so. Thanks for confirming Jim.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Would certainly be the best example for anyone wanting to restore their 58 model in original factory form.
              1947 Studebaker M-5
              1946 Studebaker M-5
              1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
              1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
              1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by Andy R. View Post
                She had reluctantly resigned herself to a lifetime of looking at her husband's butt crack because he told her he would buy her a nice American car. When she found out it wasn't a Cadillac, she bolted. Her loss....
                Jon Stalnaker
                Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by Andy R. View Post
                  She hated green?

Comment

The marriage would have occurred had he bought her a 1958 Golden Hawk. Too bad the lowest mileage Studebaker in existence is the ugliest Studebaker ever made.
                    sigpic
                    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Working...
                    X