Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Factory installed super charger in 57 Silver Hawk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory installed super charger in 57 Silver Hawk?

While at a recent cruise in, an individual said he is trying to get a 57 Silver Hawk that has a factory installed supercharger. Does anyone know if Studebaker factory did this? Ken, Deltaville, Va

If Studebaker did such a thing on 'special order' (which I kind of doubt)....there's no question the factory would also have installed the '57 GH fiberglass hood overlay!.....Let's face it, if this really happened, it certainly would be ONE INTERESTING SILVER HAWK!!....But the production order would tell the final tail!

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
      ...But the production order would tell the final tail!
      Agree, it's most likely a "tail" fer sure. These stories come along regularly, but seldom-to-never do the production orders confirm any such thing.

I've lost count of the '56Js special ordered with the Caribbean 2x4 and/or a 374". My favorite is the one with a Ford toploader 4-speed special ordered seven years before Ford began production of same.

jack vines
      PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by ken-renda View Post
        While at a recent cruise in, an individual said he is trying to get a 57 Silver Hawk that has a factory installed supercharger. Does anyone know if Studebaker factory did this?
        Let's put it this way. There was at least one all white '57 Silver Hawk with a Golden Hawk type hood scoop and the McCulloch set-up running around South Bend. In '63 it was involved in an accident at the corner of Michigan St. & Ireland Rd. It was hauled off behind a Hamilton Body Shop wrecker. FWIW; Hamilton Body Shop was EXACTLY 2 blocks east of Studebaker Corporation's Engineering building.
        Last edited by 56Golden; 07-10-2016, 07:06 PM.

Comment

You could only convince me with an authentic build sheet.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
          X