Fan Shroud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: Fan Shroud

From what I THINK I've seen, it would appear that when the previous owner took the front end off my Sky Hawk 44 years ago, some of fan the fan shroud is missing. Could I get some pictures of a Stock Sky Hawk engine compartment? Thanks...

There is a thread right now with a nice Sky Hawk: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...al-Sky-Hawk-FS
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
    Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Yup...I've got none of that...

Comment

I would think any '56-'64 C-K V8 shroud would work for you...Except '56J & '58L (K9) of course!.....Shouldn't be too difficult to find.

Comment

Originally posted by 345 DeSoto View Post
          Yup...I've got none of that...

Are you looking for an all original one or one that will work?? I have one off my '59 Silver Hawk that has been modified so that you can remove the top half for easy access to the front of the engine. I've also trimmed a little off the part that comes up over the center. I have pics if you're interested??

Treblig

Comment

Originally posted by Treblig View Post
            Are you looking for an all original one or one that will work?? I have one off my '59 Silver Hawk that has been modified so that you can remove the top half for easy access to the front of the engine. I've also trimmed a little off the part that comes up over the center. I have pics if you're interested??

Treblig
            Drilling out the factory spotwelds holding the shroud halves together and installing 1/4-20 'nutserts' in their place is an excellent move....Studebaker should have thought of that!

Comment

345 DeSoto where is your project, NY or FL? Check with Steven Allen Stude outside Gainsville still has a stude salvage yard and may have a shroud. Luck Doofus

Comment

Not to hijack, is there a shroud available for a 57 Commander with a 259??

Comment

Working...
                X