Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's this mint green 1954 Champion worth????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's this mint green 1954 Champion worth????

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1964.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	1751300Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1963.JPG
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	1751301Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1962.JPG
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	1751302Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1957.JPG
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	1751303Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1965.JPG
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	1751304Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1967.JPG
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	1751305Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1968.JPG
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	1751306Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1969.JPG
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	1751307Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2007.JPG
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	1751308Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2017.JPG
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	1751309

Hello again!

As I mentioned in my previous post, my uncle recently passed away and I am responsible for liquidating his estate. He also owned this 1954 Studebaker Champion and I have no idea what I should be selling it for. The car is in very great condition, chrome is well-maintained, it runs well, and has an beautiful mint green paint color that is original and in great condition. There are 83,684.4 miles on the car and it is located in Grand Island, NE. If any of you have suggestions on what this should be sold for or have interest in buying it, please let me know! I really appreciate any guidance you can give. Also, please view my previous post showing my uncle's other Studebaker (white 1964 Gran Turismo Hawk), which I also need help on valuing or selling.

Thanks!

Blake DeNoyer
    817-243-6467

That is a beautiful car and should bring a good price. If it was a Commander V-8 it would bring a bit more, but it is a nice vehicle. Someone else will have to suggest a value or asking price. I don't seriously look at cars in that price range. Good luck with the sale.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Georgous! As with 52-fan I dont seriously look at cars in that range. If that car is as nice as it appears it might be a candidate for a high end auction like Barrett-Jackson. steve
      sigpic

Comment

Very nice looking '54 Champion! I think closer revue of the Car, and it's records, receipts, & history will show it has had a Lot more restoration than you know, very fresh looking, New Paint & Interior, not a lot of Original anything remains, and that certainly does not devalue it at ALL, maybe just appeals to a slightly different crowd, it does look like an Original TYPE restoration.

They always bring what the Market will bear on eBay and one or Two times that amount at the High Dollar Auctions.

It is impossible to guess what someone who really likes the Color, the Interior, the Power Train etc. will pay, but having seen hundreds of them come and go, MHO is: it has to be in the $20,000.00 more or less depending on the venue or demand there.

I did notice the Tail Light Housings were replaced with excellent 1953 Units during it's restoration.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post

I did notice the Tail Light Housings were replaced with excellent 1953 Units during it's restoration.
          Rich, this is one of the rare times that I disagree with you.
          Early 1954 Champion Starlight coupes (C body) used 1953 style tail lights.

This car does have the nicer looking 1953 front bumperettes on it instead of the taller 1954 bumperettes.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I could throw out a guesstimate, but your best bet is eBay. List it with a good description and the pictures that you already have. Start the bidding out very low to get the auction rolling. Have a reserve price that you can live with. The World market will determine today's price for your Champion.
            Last edited by studegary; 07-07-2016, 12:38 PM.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I would have to sorta agree with StudeRich above. But I would have to amend by saying that I would not take a penny less than $20,000 for this one. If it is restored and rust free, the value could and should go higher. Again, though, an ebay ad with lots of pictures and detailed descriptions will help tremendously. Be sure its running right and everything works. Taking it to a reputable Studebaker mechanic would pay dividends if its made to run right, drive right and look right. If this car is as nice in person as it appears in the pictures, I would expect it to sell deep into the 20 thousands. Decent "daily drivers" often bring 12 to 15K. This one, even though its a 6 cylinder Champion, instead of the V8 Commander, is a very nice example. And again, good luck.
              sals54

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                Rich, this is one of the rare times that I disagree with you.
                Early 1954 Champion Starlight coupes (C body) used 1953 style tail lights./Cut/
                I guess that is true Gary, but there must be very few Original Cars that way, I have never seen a verified one.
                And since we can see that this is a nicely restored Car and we do not know it's Serial number there is still a better chance than not that it was replaced since they are more available because of many more '53's built.
                StudeRich
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

As information...here's the serial number.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1985.JPG
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	1707763

Comment

Ok, G1275788 is before G1284465 and it IS a "C" Body Coupe built in South Bend, so it is one of the only '54 Coupes built with '53 Tail Lights, so I stand corrected.

No Los Angeles or Hamilton '54's had them, NO K Body Hardtop Champions, and NO C or K Commanders.
                    StudeRich
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I had an early SB '54 Champ coupe that had '53 tail lights. It was a deluxe trim level.
                      Last edited by raoul5788; 07-07-2016, 05:36 AM.
                      Chip
                      '63 Cruiser
                      '57 Packard wagon
                      '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                      '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

I'd also say 20-22K if the car is as nice as it looks in the photos!

Comment

That's a lovely car! Good luck with it.
                          Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

As with Wolfie and 52-fan this beautiful car is way out of my reach. Hope to see it gets a good home. Sal and Rich are your best advice for this as they sell cars and would know best how to go about this. Another good source on sales information is Dick Steincamp, if he sees this and signs in, his advice would be excellent too.
                            Gosh, someone is going to get a car that needs absolutely nothing. Wish that was me...
                            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                            Ron Smith
                            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

A car that good looking could even make an ugly guy like me be someone. LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X