53 coupe quarter panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53 coupe quarter panel

How many of you have used a Goodmark quarter panel? Could you share the experience? Fit, quality, etc. Thanks

I have a pair of them. I did a trial install on a '56 Sky Hawk a year or two ago. Really easy and very good fit.They will be on my '53 Commander Starliner this summer!
    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
    '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

I have one on the right side. The quality seems good and the fitment was excellent. It sure beat spending hours trying to fix the rusted and busted original.

Comment

I put both sides on my 53 coupe. they both had grip marks toward the rear that was hard to see, but they cleaned up nice with 3 coats of primer. my car is Black so body work has to be write. I think there worth the money. Joe

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Joe, what do you mean by grip marks ? Did you other guys have the same ? Thanks again, Tex

Comment

It's funny this came up just now. I was just thinking about this and went to the Goodmark website. Wouldn't you know it? The dropdown menu doesn't have Studebaker in the list and doing a search on the website yields 0 results. I think the panels are available through secondary sources, but does this mean that Goodmark sold out and no longer carries them? Or does it mean that after 2 or 3 years they haven't gotten around to updating their own website?? If they sold out, why wouldn't they keep making them? Or is the usual curse of Studebaker products simply refusing to appear in an auto related website?

I have not heard anything about the products being discontinued. Maybe I missed it. Strange marketing strategy is all I can say.
            Last edited by Scott; 07-05-2016, 07:47 AM.
            "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

I looked too, but never looked at their site to see if they had been listed ever. I do see you can still get, what I believe are the Goodmark parts through : http://www.ebay.com/itm/1953-61-Stud...3D350745827115
              Maybe the 15 requests per week way back when, dropped after initial sales.

Comment

Rockauto lists them for about $270.00. I think Goodmark may build them and sell to distributors? At any rate they are available.

RockAuto ships auto parts and body parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers' doors worldwide, all at warehouse prices. Easy to use parts catalog.

Comment

Originally posted by jg61hawk View Post
                  Rockauto lists them for about $270.00. I think Goodmark may build them and sell to distributors? At any rate they are available.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...ng.com+URL+%2F
                  Well, you'd never know they exist if you visited the Goodmark site.
                  "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

wonder if they did any truck stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by jg61hawk View Post

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...ng.com+URL+%2F

I just was going to order one from Rock, and the shipping has gone up 141.00 from a few days ago??? Yikes!!! Where did you guys order from and what was cost. ??
                      Last edited by Flashback; 07-05-2016, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Today "the Rock' shows them at $259.79 Ea. and $64.99 to Northwest Washington State, that's only 324.78 for one or $649.56 for 2 or less, if they charge less than double to ship 2.

UPDATE: OH, Oh! I tried doing 2, and there is some issue with that obviously! > $218.99 to ship 2 vs $129.98 for 2 separately!!
                        StudeRich
                        Second Generation Stude Driver,
                        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs K Corbin View Post
                          wonder if they did any truck stuff?
                          I don't think so, but if you look here: http://www.classglassperformance.com/Stude%20Trk.html you'll find M and R series fenders in fiberglass. Also on the site are hoods and front panel for 1950-51 Champions.

Comment

I bought the first two pair directly from Goodmark at their debut and actually got a discount as being the first to buy. They are quality Taiwan made panels. The problem is they chose the easiest NOS panel available to find to re-pop. Before I bought the two pair a had amassed 3 left and 1 right NOS in a short time along with even more mint used in the pile. With the availability of NOS and mint used the rear fender was the last panel to choose for reproduction. I spent a good deal of time trying to communicating with a couple of Goodmark guys after the initial release but they have been reluctant to respond. If only they had done the front fender they would be doing a second run by now. I did a fit-up on a shell with the rear fenders and they seamed OK on fit. I you need 'em buy them now while you can because I don't think you'll see them made again.

I would appreciate a chime-in from Goodmark if they are still watching the site.

JK

Comment

Goodmark rear quarters

I have a set on the wreck I'm building now and I'm happy with them.
                              Bill
                              Attached Files
                              http://www.rustyrestorations.org/index.php
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X