Champ and Hawk update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champ and Hawk update

The good news is that I drove the Champ up to The Farm and dumped off some stuff and picked up some stuff and then made it over to Onawa Graffiti Night and then back to Omaha without trouble. I even enjoyed the 3.1-60 AC.....

The bad news is that it looked like bonehead body man let my Hawk sit so long that the motor is locked up. One of the selling points on that car was that the motor was a fairly fresh rebuild. I mixed up some power steering fluid and acetone and poured it down the manifold.
    1963 Champ "Stu Bludebaker"- sometimes driver
    1957 Silver Hawk "Josie"- picking up the pieces after an unreliable body man let it rot for 11 years from an almost driver to a basket case
    1951 Land Cruiser "Bunnie Ketcher" only 47M miles!
    1951 Commander Starlight "Dale"- basket case
    1947 Champion "Sally"- basket case
    1941 Commander Land Cruiser "Ursula"- basket case

You might have better luck putting that mixture in an oil can and squirting it into each spark plug hole.

Comment

I'll try that next time I'm up at The Farm. It'll probably avoid that pesky hydraulic lock thing too.
      1963 Champ "Stu Bludebaker"- sometimes driver
      1957 Silver Hawk "Josie"- picking up the pieces after an unreliable body man let it rot for 11 years from an almost driver to a basket case
      1951 Land Cruiser "Bunnie Ketcher" only 47M miles!
      1951 Commander Starlight "Dale"- basket case
      1947 Champion "Sally"- basket case
      1941 Commander Land Cruiser "Ursula"- basket case

Comment

Originally posted by DougHolverson View Post
        I'll try that next time I'm up at The Farm. It'll probably avoid that pesky hydraulic lock thing too.

Naw, just pull the plugs when you attempt the turnover. It makes things easier on the starter, engine, and makes a mess with the concoction all over the engine compartment. No lock-up though!
        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
        X