Every detail counts in design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every detail counts in design

I was riding with my 18 year old son the other day in my '66 Cruiser. I've never asked him what his favorite feature of the car was. He likes it well enough, but isn't a real enthusiast. When I asked him, he thought for a moment and pointed to the front speaker grille in the dash. "I like that part", he said. I was a little stunned for a second. Then I asked if there was anything else. He said the woodgrain on the dash was nice.

I wonder what Brooks Stevens would have thought!
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

I am amazed that you have an 18 year old son. You weren't much older than that when I knew you. That means that I must be really ancient!
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

I smiled when I read this....
      Reminds me of Red Foreman on 'That 70's Show'....
      Dad asks a question.....
      Dad: "What is your favorite feature of this car?"
      Kid: (thinks to himself) "Oh jeeze, he's asking me a question"
      Kid: (thinks to himself) "Quick...what's the first think I see?"
      Kid: "I like that speaker grille"

(Well, it could have happened that way... )

Originally posted by Scott View Post
      I was riding with my 18 year old son the other day in my '66 Cruiser. I've never asked him what his favorite feature of the car was. He likes it well enough, but isn't a real enthusiast. When I asked him, he thought for a moment and pointed to the front speaker grille in the dash. "I like that part", he said. I was a little stunned for a second. Then I asked if there was anything else. He said the woodgrain on the dash was nice.

I wonder what Brooks Stevens would have thought!
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
        I am amazed that you have an 18 year old son. You weren't much older than that when I knew you. That means that I must be really ancient!
        Yes, you are! But that's OK, Roy. I'll always think of you as 30-something.
        "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

I vote with #3.

Comment

Working...
          X