1953 Studebaker for only $500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1953 Studebaker for only $500

Just saw this on Craigslist. Looks like a real good deal for a car that could be a good daily driver.

It's a pretty low trim Level '53 Champion, but I always liked these spheres on the rear quarter, they should have used those on the Regal '54's instead of the deep, longer ones.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Can You please explain the "spheres" between 53,54 - I'm not getting it

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      It's a pretty low trim Level '53 Champion, but I always liked these spheres on the rear quarter, they should have used those on the Regal '54's instead of the deep, longer ones.
      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
        Can You please explain the "spheres" between 53,54 - I'm not getting it
        My guess is Rich is talking about the short stainless "spears" on the rear quarters, as opposed to the longer wider spears on the Regals that extended to the front doors.
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
        Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/5621842365.html Just a buck and a half more

Comment

CASO's buy new Studebakers too. A buck and a half was a good sum of money in 1953.
            101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Originally posted by mainmansam View Post
              And two more cylinders and, more importantly, a title.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I don't know much about 50's Studebakers, but what makes the first car a Champion? Don't the front and rear "V" emblems indicate a V-8 engine? Tom

Comment

They both would have the V "not sure if identical between both" but the lazy "S" tells It's a Six. It would have an "8" on a V8

Originally posted by tomlewis View Post
                  I don't know much about 50's Studebakers, but what makes the first car a Champion? Don't the front and rear "V" emblems indicate a V-8 engine? Tom
                  Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

but what makes the first car a Champion? Don't the front and rear "V" emblems indicate a V-8 engine?
                    There is a lazy S in the V vs a 8 for a commander. Also, that 2 spoke steering wheel (I think....) was only used on the bottom trim level Champions. The other clue is lack of a V8 emblem on the fender vent doors. I am not 100% that all Commander's had those, however.

Jeff in ND

Comment

Ah!!! Excellent info. I learn something every day here. Tom

Comment

Working...
                      X