2016l La Palma Car Show & Parts Exchange 400+ Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016l La Palma Car Show & Parts Exchange 400+ Pictures

May gray was present but that along with a breeze from the west, kept the heat down
    at the 42nd Annual La Palma Car Show & Parts Exchange. This year the show was held
    on the grass and under the trees making for a more compact show. This was away
    from the soccer fields that are now just a big dust bowl.

Along with the cars spotted along my route in, and in parking areas there were over
    90 Studebakers that I had the pleasure of viewing. It seemed as the owners of
    these cars get older, more and more are seen sporting "for sale" signs. Not as
    many parts sellers as in the past, but still a large assortment of all types.

I did not stay for the awards, so I cannot tell you who's car was judged as the
    best. But I do have my personal favorites, as I am sure you all do.

It was a great turnout of cars and spectators for a very well produced show. I
    thank the volunteers for their time. I am sure everyone in attendance appreciates
    your efforts!

CLICK ON THE PICTURE BELOW TO SEE ALMOST 500 PICTURES FROM THE SHOW

Anyone can post their pictures in this thread.

Other year shows can be found on the car show page of my website.
    Last edited by WOOTSUPPP; 05-29-2016, 05:57 PM.

Cool poster.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Sorry, had the link to last years show before. Good now.

Comment

Wagonaire Roof Rack

Wow - someone had a Wagonaire roof rack for sale. Figures, since I had to work this year and couldn't make it. Anyone know who had it for sale and for how much?
        Attached Files
        Scott Rodgers
        Los Angeles
        SDC Member since 1989
        \'60 Lark HT
        \'63 Wagonaire
        \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

Woot -

Been held on the grass for many years (at least 10) now...that same spot.
          Was raining at my house, and the internet news didn't have any better news...so I stayed home and watched the Indy 500... I guess I should'a made the trek.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Van Veghten View Post
            Woot -

Been held on the grass for many years (at least 10) now...that same spot.
            Was raining at my house, and the internet news didn't have any better news...
            Actually it was in a different section of tbe park than previous years. The north end of the park was rather dusty except for the mud created by the sprinlers running as the Studes arrived. Today's meet was held at the south end of tbe park where the grass was thicker and the sprinklers hadn't made such a mess.
            Mike Lynch
            Sunnyslope, AZ

"Be kind and civil. Allow that you may be mistaken; allow that others will make mistakes, be gracious. If you're going to contribute, try to make it worthwhile."
            Alan Taylor

Comment

La Palma is always an awesome meet to attend! The people are great and there's always lots of beautiful and interesting vehicles. It's great to see old fiends and make new ones. The swapping always brings out a treasure trove oc hard to find parts. Round it out with a mild day of weather and it couldn't have been a nicer day for another "Studebaker Adventure". Thanks to all who work so hard to make La Palma a great meet!
              Mike Lynch
              Sunnyslope, AZ

"Be kind and civil. Allow that you may be mistaken; allow that others will make mistakes, be gracious. If you're going to contribute, try to make it worthwhile."
              Alan Taylor

Comment

Yesterday's meet was what you should expect when nice people pool their time and energy, fun.

Thanks to all who worked to pull this event together and make it happen. Especially the judges, a tough gig.
                Attached Files

Comment

Wow, looks like another great one. One of these years I will make it back down there.
                  Pat Dilling
                  Olivehurst, CA
                  Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Originally posted by scott.rodgers View Post
                    Wow - someone had a Wagonaire roof rack for sale. Figures, since I had to work this year and couldn't make it. Anyone know who had it for sale and for how much?
                    That was StudeJohn of Whistler fame.. You can PM him on the forum..

Ya should have showed up and save some shipping..

Comment

I-Che-Wow-Wa It was a good show..

Uploading my pics soon..

See them here ==> https://www.flickr.com/gp/124054617@N06/56pD86
                      Last edited by SScopelli; 05-31-2016, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Pano pictures! Right click on picture and "Open Image In New Tab" to zoom in..

The link to my photos is in the above post..

These are some pano shots..

Comment

Working...
                        X