Period side mirror mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other: Period side mirror mounts

I'm trying to see if the p.o. has the mounts somewhere, but in case not (and I know, these are NOT Studebaker mirrors) I have a pair of mirrors I need the mounts to attach them to the body, if someone has these?
    I did see a pair of these on a 50s Hawk iirc, at the recent Pacific Zone meet but I didn't get the chance to talk to the car owner in case they knew anything about them. Does anyone know if a particular vendor might have this item? If I have to, I know I may have to get another pair of mirrors with the mounts. I want to get two mirrors on my car.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mirror 002.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	1751013Click image for larger version

Name:	mirror 001.jpg
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	1751014Click image for larger version

Name:	mirror 003.jpg
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	1751015

Thank you.

I have seen this type mirror in past. the bracket screws to body and has small upturned end that catches bulkhead in mirror. set screw at front pushes against like ended front kick up to hold mirror it position. you might try S.I. as some of their mirrors are mounted the same way. for the '50's look my '53 hot rod will get edge of door mount swan neck mirrors. Luck Doofus

Comment

I stand corrected, mirrors in SI box mount like that but are not SI products. brackets seem to be home made.Hint Hint. wife tells me i bought them at flea market years ago.Her memory is way better dont ya know. sorry for wrong track thinking, just make your own. Doofus

Comment

Thanks for the information.

Comment

Since they are Aftermarket, that pretty much leaves out the Studebaker Vendors, you may have some amount of luck with the Brand "X" Swap Meet Sellers though.

The much more commonly found on Studebakers, aftermarket mirrors were Roburk Mirrors found at Western Auto, Sears, Montgomery Wards, Pep Boys, J.C. Whitney and maybe NAPA and other independant Auto Parts Stores.

You can buy really good quality Period Correct Side view Mirrors for '55-'57 Chev. and other GM cars, cheap and with High Quality Chrome, Stainless Steel Heads, and Tinted Glass, available on eBay in Wide Angle for Right side or Std for Left.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
          X