Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i have a 66 sport coupe , might be in need of 1 or 2 front rotors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: i have a 66 sport coupe , might be in need of 1 or 2 front rotors?

have not picked up the car yet but the guy i am getting it from said the rotors out of round, need turned 1 guy told me you cant turn this style no vents around edge if thay can even be turned? if i cant get them turned any one know what other will cross over to these, wagner# or raybestos #, dont want to give 135.00 to 200.00 for new ones , any ideas ? good used ones ?

There are no aftermarket Rotors to replace the Stude. Rotors as no other make used identical ones.
    The Studebaker Vendor Reproduction Rotors you found are all there is in New condition.

Many SDC Members, some here even, have left over Used Stock Rotors from a Turner Brake Ford/Chev. upgrade, complete replacement.

These single plate type rotors CAN be turned, but they have to be Miked to see if they exceed the low limit.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 05-28-2016, 11:04 AM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

thanks for reply, Rich, but where does SI get there s some one must make them for them? or are thay running on the nos stuff thay bought from sasco,etc, or? studebaker parts . com,? may be some one will have some used one off like you say ford ?chevy, ? i know if thay are to far on specs . thay wont turn ??? just wanting to see what is out there .
      Last edited by dannyo; 05-28-2016, 11:10 AM.

Comment

I have turned many Studebaker rotors before. Yes, like any rotor they can wear but they always seem to run more true than the ventilated cast iron rotors. Thus, it takes less cutting to clean one up. It is too early for you to panic until you see what you have.

Comment

Jerry, i just p m ed you thanks dan.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyo View Post
            have not picked up the car yet but the guy i am getting it from said the rotors out of round, need turned 1 guy told me you cant turn this style no vents around edge if thay can even be turned? if i cant get them turned any one know what other will cross over to these, wagner# or raybestos #, dont want to give 135.00 to 200.00 for new ones , any ideas ? good used ones ?
            I do not see how thay can be "out of round". They can be warped or unevenly worn. I would get the car first and determine exactly what the problem is, if there is a problem. Studebaker rotors can be turned, if they are still in spec., down to a stated minimum (determined by by measuring them with a micrometer [mic'd, not "miked"]).
            Last edited by studegary; 05-30-2016, 09:57 AM.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Stude rotors have to have lug nuts torqued to a certain spec and in a given pattern. otherwise the won't run true, BTDT. Luck Doofus

Comment

Originally posted by dannyo View Post
                thanks for reply, Rich, but where does SI get there s some one must make them for them? or are they running on the nos stuff they bought from sasco,etc, or? studebaker parts . com,? may be some one will have some used one off like you say ford ?chevy, ? i know if they are to far on specs . thay wont turn ??? just wanting to see what is out there .
                The S.I. Rotors are NEW fresh Stock and only available from them since they (Ed), put up the Thousands to tool them up, they and the other Studebaker Vendors at: http://studebakervendors.com are the exclusive Supplier/Sellers.

No, the Used rotors are not Chev./Ford, the Turner Kit replacements for the complete system are New ones, so these would be Stude. take-offs, compatible with your Stude. Calipers which Turner Kit Mustang Rotors for Chev. Calipers are not.

This may help you understand your "Other" option:
                Last edited by StudeRich; 05-28-2016, 12:39 PM.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                X