Adolf List's Stuff???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adolf List's Stuff???

I've not been active with the club for a few years now & have gotten out of touch with some of the old time players. I had the opportunity to pass thru Carlyle, IL recently & thought I would swing by to see if Adolf was still around. I was shocked to see that the house and all the cars were gone. The one shop building is all that's left (don't know if anything is in it or not). Can anyone update me on what became of all his stuff? He did have some cool cars & stuff.
    thanks
    Mike Sal

Adolph is gone, but son Roger has his big truck (still says 'A. List' on the doors) and frequents the Stude Truck Talk forum. http://www.network54.com/Forum/23885
    Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

A lot of the cars outside were crushed but most of those inside were supposedly sold. Prices were fair. I do not know what happened to the parts. The truck has been to several national meets
      Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
      1961 Hawk 4-speed
      1967 Avanti
      1961 Lark 2 door
      1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

"The truck has been to several national meets" ...and was at the St. Louis last summer!

Comment

Roger said it will be at the next National Meet in South Bend next May with the train set up and running.

Comment

Ugh! That Truck Forum has to be just the worst Format on the internet, makes you dizzy just trying to read it.

There are a lot of Good Studebaker Truck Farmers on there with a lot of good Truck knowledge, it's just too bad hardly anyone can stand to read it.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
            X