Studebaker memorabilia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker memorabilia

Besides the pleasure of driving my '64 GT Hawk I also love collecting Studebaker Memorabilia. I recently purchased a copy of The Studebaker News from Sept 1932 in which were details of a national car sales competion sponsored by Studebaker which took the 100 successful Studebaker salesmen on a trip to South Bend including an invite to a Notre Dame football game. I noted the Humdingers name associated with the competion & recalled having a 1932 Humdingers screw back in my collection. Low and behold on the rear was the inscribed name G A Berger from New York whose name was in the list of the 100 listed successful salesmen. A successful collecting coincidence for me. Studebaker also did this same competition during the previous year of 1931 when a similar screw back was awarded.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03044.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	146.9 KB
ID:	1750998

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
    MELBOURNE.

Wow! Now that's a "real Humdinger"
    Wonder if there's a connection?
    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

I believe all of those winners were bused out to the Proving Ground to have their pictures taken with the big roadster. Now if you could just recognize Mr. Berger.

Click image for larger version

Name:	big31 manypeople.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	1705648
      Richard Quinn
      Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

I reckon that is Mr Berger with his legs straddled between the spare tire & trunk lid & hands in pockets.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
        MELBOURNE.

Comment

Sir James , a great find for your collection Joe

Joe Parsons

Comment

Working...
          X