This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealership List

Does anyone know if there is an existing Studebaker dealership list accessible from the internet for, say, 1964? My Dad and I got into quite a discussion at the International Meet about the Studebaker dealership in Sterling, Colorado. We lived there when I was a small child in the early 1960s...I know there was a dealership there at that time...but my Dad was a MOPAR fan then and doesn't remember a Studebaker dealership at all. His friend a co-worker in Sterling was a real car guy who traded for a new car every year and a couple of years ago I asked him about the Stude dealership in Sterling and he didn't remember one either. No wonder Stude went out of business. Anyhow, it would be great to have an online list of dealerships to access when we need to check things out!

Studedude1961
    --1963 Cruiser

I agree that that list would be nice to have. The information does exist, but it would be a very long list. Also, the dealerships changed and changed names over time. I know of five dealerships that were in operation in the 1960s within 20 miles of where I live now. Multiply this out over the Country or around the World and you would have a very long list.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I agree that that list would be nice to have. The information does exist, but it would be a very long list. Also, the dealerships changed and changed names over time. I know of five dealerships that were in operation in the 1960s within 20 miles of where I live now. Multiply this out over the Country or around the World and you would have a very long list.

Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Sounds like a fun project, actually.

I'd volunteer to assemble the web pages for such a list, if someone got me the data.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
        '63 F2/Lark Standard

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Sounds like a fun project, actually.

I'd volunteer to assemble the web pages for such a list, if someone got me the data.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
          '63 F2/Lark Standard

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Just to chime on this topic I started a list something like this for Packard, I got a few replies and then a gentleman with another site took the idea and created the same section for his site. I decided not to use up my server space if it was going to be duplicated on another site. It is alot of work for sure, I will send you what I have so far, Just e-mail me if you decide to do it.

Randy_G
            This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Comment

Just to chime on this topic I started a list something like this for Packard, I got a few replies and then a gentleman with another site took the idea and created the same section for his site. I decided not to use up my server space if it was going to be duplicated on another site. It is alot of work for sure, I will send you what I have so far, Just e-mail me if you decide to do it.

Randy_G
              This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Comment

Randy I would be interested in looking at the Packard dealer list that you said was now on a website. Many Packard dealers dualed with Studebaker.

Studedude1961
                --1963 Cruiser

Comment

Randy I would be interested in looking at the Packard dealer list that you said was now on a website. Many Packard dealers dualed with Studebaker.

Studedude1961
                  --1963 Cruiser

Comment

Randy_G

Comment

Randy_G

Comment

That's great how they've been able to locate pictures as well. And I think you could start the list off with two of those dealers on their list.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Tom - Lakeland, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Michigan Speed - www.michiganspeed.com
                        Club Hot Rod - www.clubhotrod.com
                        LS1 Tech - www.ls1tech.com
                        Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

That's great how they've been able to locate pictures as well. And I think you could start the list off with two of those dealers on their list.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Tom - Lakeland, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Michigan Speed - www.michiganspeed.com
                          Club Hot Rod - www.clubhotrod.com
                          LS1 Tech - www.ls1tech.com
                          Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                          1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Thanks for the link Randy!

Studedude1961
                            --1963 Cruiser

Comment

Thanks for the link Randy!

Studedude1961
                              --1963 Cruiser

Comment

Working...
                              X