No announcement yet.

Cheep '64 Avanti in San Antonio Area...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheep '64 Avanti in San Antonio Area...

If I were younger.....

Heckuva deal.

jack vines
    PackardV8

Comment

This is very strange. I've seen this one up for sale for some time. I don't know why folks are complaining about the high cost of Avanti's of late, when this one looks to be a steal. I just got a new dash for mine. I can't wait to install it.
      sals54

Comment

Uh, Title Status Missing

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
          Uh, Title Status Missing
          Check your local DMV and see how big of a deal that would be on a TX car. May be an issue or it may not. Steve
          sigpic

Comment

Definite potential,...but needs everything,.... especially a BIG WALLET!!

Comment

Sal do you realize how much "scarole" it will take to make this "cane" "bellissima"???
              Originally posted by sals54 View Post
              This is very strange. I've seen this one up for sale for some time. I don't know why folks are complaining about the high cost of Avanti's of late, when this one looks to be a steal. I just got a new dash for mine. I can't wait to install it.

Comment

For once I agree with the Chiachiarone!
                Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                Definite potential,...but needs everything,.... especially a BIG WALLET!!

Comment

Looks like the classic Texas accented dash and interior - sun certainly takes its toll. My cousin bought a '64 Avanti in the mid 90s and the area above the instruments sagged down so badly you could only see the bottom half of the speedometer and tach...

Comment

Didn't I once see a quotation here "There is nothing more expensive than a cheap Avanti"?
                    Bill

Comment

Yes. Attributed to John Poulos, who has restored a few.
                      Skip Lackie

Comment

Being a rare '64 with Factory Air, this one does have Great potential, but it certainly will take a Lot of Cash to make it show worthy or even close. So it's a good thing it is not over $10,000.00 going in.
                        StudeRich
                        Second Generation Stude Driver,
                        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
                          Looks like the classic Texas accented dash and interior - sun certainly takes its toll. My cousin bought a '64 Avanti in the mid 90s and the area above the instruments sagged down so badly you could only see the bottom half of the speedometer and tach...

This dash is better than the one in my car, thats fer sher. The dash in mine is not only badly "melted", but also got re-covered at some point in its life. And not by anyone who knew what the heck they were doing, either. But I just bought a decent used dash and will be doing the transplant in the next month or so. Big deal... My car will never be restored by me. I will enjoy the car, drive it like it was meant to be driven, smoke the tires, listen to the roar of the engine as I floor it to get onto the freeway, not lose sleep cuz I parked it close to the hardware store entrance, and generally have as much fun with it as I can. When it comes time to sell, I can still make money on the car cuz I will not have spent $40,000 to restore a $25,000 car.
                          sals54

Comment

My Avanti lived in the south Florida sun for almost almost six years......I knew the power of the sun and for all of those six years had the dash and rear package shelf covered in white towels to reflect the suns power....they made fun of me then saying I had a Studebaker with a rag on....well if you look at my Avanti today in 2016, the dash and rear shelf look as close to new mint as possible. The sun did however bleach out the paint which mandated a new re-spray.
                            Originally posted by 62champ View Post

Comment

Yes, I am also a believer in dash covers. When I get my new, (new to me), dash installed, I won't just let it go to the dogs either. I will put a dash cover on it, to preserve it, but also to help keep the interior a bit cooler in the summer.
                              sals54

Comment

Working...
                              X