Hey, Frank Ambrogio.Check this out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, Frank Ambrogio.Check this out.

Someone gave me this poster of a 56J. I thought Frank might like it.
    Attached Files
    Neil Thornton

Like I've always said, "Heavy Front End"!!!

Comment

Just as the myth and misunderstanding goes on about the Studebaker 289 V-8 being furnished by Ford, so the myth goes on about the 56J being "nose heavy!" See Frank Abrogio's article, "Studebaker's 1956 Golden Hawk," in the June 2005 issue of "Turning Wheels."
      Bill L.
      1962 GT Hawk

Comment

Well,I'm not Frank,but I like it.
        Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Originally posted by 56GH View Post
          Just as the myth and misunderstanding goes on about the Studebaker 289 V-8 being furnished by Ford, so the myth goes on about the 56J being "nose heavy!" See Frank Abrogio's article, "Studebaker's 1956 Golden Hawk," in the June 2005 issue of "Turning Wheels."
          You did get the joke here......didn't you

Comment

I like "nose heavy front ends".

Comment

Originally posted by jozek View Post
              I like "nose heavy front ends".
              Yeah man!!!!

Comment

I notice the headlights are all on. Studebaker drivers are always thinking of safety!
                Andy
                62 GT

Comment

Hey, Frank Ambrogio.Check this out.

05-18-2016, 07:21 PM
                  Someone gave me this poster of a 56J. I thought Frank might like it.
                  Hi Neil:
                  I'm only six year late, but thanks for letting me know about this.

I don't know anything about the model on the left, but the one on the right is the one owned by Leo Schigiel from Miami FL that completed Italy's Mille Miglia run in 2013, and again in 2015. Somehow that Ultramatic withstood that torturous 1000 miles road race and Leo never reported any heavy front end problems.

Frank

Comment

Wait a minute... there's a 56J in this Picture somewhere?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Road Race 56J.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	1933196
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Yes Studerich! The 56J is hidden to the right of the football. Or didn't you see that either?

Comment

'Haven't heard from the original poster (rockinhawk; Neil Thornton) for a long time; are you still there, Neil? We missed you! BP
                        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Studedude
                          Studedude commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Neil posts occasionally on FaceBook.

Unfortunately she is 6 years older. Oh wait, so am I !!~!~!

Comment

When my wife and I got our first in person look at our 50 Champion, we both remarked that the front end reminded us of boobs. Must be because we aren't old enough to remember WWII fighting aircraft. Much nicer to think of ladies than war, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by 56sghor View Post

I don't know anything about the model on the left, but the one on the right is the one owned by Leo Schigiel from Miami FL that completed Italy's Mille Miglia run in 2013, and again in 2015.
                            A major difference I see is the model on the left has pull start (as per her navel), while the one on the right is a key start.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                            X