Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commander $1500 in Virginia

if it were closer....but hey, it all relative

are dash pads still available for the 64s?
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

Comment

What a deal. I bet you some flipper already has it and you will see in soon at $6000.

Comment

Comment

I can't believe this puppy hasn't sold by now.The ad was originally posted in late February.Looks pretty straight!

Comment

That is a very Nice looking little '64 Commander especially for the price.
            I do have to wonder how or WHERE they came up with that "228" Engine though.

Does the GM 230 6 Cyl. which of course it does NOT have, actually measure 228 maybe?
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

My mother and father were married in July of 1965, just a few months after my mom graduated from high school. In the weeks before the wedding, my dad knew they were going to need a "family car" (his daily was a '53 Starlight) so he found the bigger brother to this car on the Beach Motor Company used car lot in Temple, Texas. Same exterior color, automatic, but with a 259 and green interior. I came home from the hospital in that same car in 1970 and it was still in the family when they separated in 1977. It was traded for a tractor and mower for our church in 1983 - wish I knew where it ended up... My dad said in the Texas sunshine it was impossible to keep a shine on that silver paint and someone in the family made a booster seat for the car so I could see out the front window - those were the days...

Comment

That would make a great parts car...
                Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
                  My mother and father were married in July of 1965, just a few months after my mom graduated from high school. In the weeks before the wedding, my dad knew they were going to need a "family car" (his daily was a '53 Starlight) so he found the bigger brother to this car on the Beach Motor Company used car lot in Temple, Texas.
                  Not to high-jack this thread, but my 1964 Daytona Wagonaire was delivered new at Beach Motors in Temple TX. Small world. (Incidentally, the June Turning Wheels will contain a nice write-up and photos and production orders on how I acquired my set of 1964 Daytonas in Astra White. Ann Turner sent the Page Proofs for an OK and it came out real nice. 'Figured y'all would enjoy, "the rest of the stories..." BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

The Astra White 1964 Commander four door sedan that I had shipped in from New Mexico looked very similar to this car, except mine was a 259 V8 with standard transmission. I sold it a few years ago (fourth Studebaker back) for $2500, IIRC.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Has any one in the club from KY. taken a look at this car yet? I would think for that kind of money someone would have checked it out unless it's some kind of scam.

Comment

Originally posted by Swifster View Post
                        That would make a great parts car...
                        That car's too pretty to part out IMHO.
                        --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
                          Has any one in the club from KY. taken a look at this car yet? I would think for that kind of money someone would have checked it out unless it's some kind of scam.
                          The ad says the car is in Virginia. Rixeyville is above Culpeper, not far from where the Tutweiler brothers lived. I bought an Oliver OC-4 dozer there over 20 years ago. I believe this is the same car that has been advertised several times on CL.

Comment

well the seller states that the front floors are shot and need replacing. The pics are from 30 ft so its hard to say how bad the rot is up the hinge posts. The door seams look OK and the driver's striker isn't mangled (tho could be a replacement), and you can't see the rear doglegs to get a glimpse of what might be behind there or into the trunk area......All that said and suspected....$1500. is still not too bad given seat condition...for now.

Comment

The 2 Trunk Pics show that some of the rust areas on the Left Trunk Wall have been POR15 coated so other areas out of sight probably also were preserved the same way.

A very decent Commander with a Great Interior with a reupholstered Front Seat and an Original Rear one, worth more than $1500.00.
                              StudeRich
                              Second Generation Stude Driver,
                              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                              X