My Brooklin Model - Coming in November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Brooklin Model - Coming in November

Didn't want to say anything here until it became official. Guess it is now.

Last Fall, I got a call I never expected from an old friend from the Michiana Chapter. He was working with Nigel Parker from Brooklin Models to locate cars they had interest in for future offerings. One of those cars was a 1955 Sedan.

Brooklin does unusual cars that others haven't done. I spent about four hours one evening as Nigel painstakingly measured and photographed my car. I still haven't removed the masking tape on the floor in my barn where he so meticulously worked. It was simply awesome to watch the process. He was doing what would have been my career choice as a teen, on a car I've owned since my teens. In 1979, no one thought anything special about a '55 chrome plated snout with 4 doors. Guess I wasn't so crazy for sacrificing other things to preserve my pretty much "survivor" only a weirdo 16 year old could love. Funny, last few times I've showed it, some have commented they didn't know Studebaker made a 4 door Hawk.

Nigel is a wonderful man and I thank him for his interest. Never dreamed my car would be a fashion model:

wow, doesn't get much cooler than that! Congrats! junior
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Awesome. Congratulations.... And Brooklin makes quality replicas. So happy for you.
      Jon Stalnaker
      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Nice, i'd also like to have a 55 Studebaker for my dealership.
        Attached Files
        101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

I hope they give you one gratis for the use of your Stude! Brooklyn models aren't cheap!!

Craig

Comment

I remember back in 1955 when I was a paperboy a 1955 President State sedan with all the bells 'n whistles owned by one of my customers. It was the sharpest car that my youthful eyes had ever seen and I vowed that I would own one some day.

Fate would have it that I would not own a Studebaker until I was twenty-six and about to separate from the Army when I purchased a neighbor's Power Hawk with 33K on the odometer for a whopping $300! This occurred in RI and I drove it down to my duty station in the DC area. The car was originally purchased by our plumber prior to him selling it to my neighbor. I still have it.

In 1992 I again began a search for a '55 State and went through several carcasses before finding a "parts car" in a junkyard that was complete minus the engine and tranny. Being a master procrastinator, the car languished in various stages resurrection but should be fully mobile by early next year and finished by year's end.

It sure has been a long haul...

Comment

Originally posted by 556063 View Post
              Didn't want to say anything here until it became official. Guess it is now.

Last Fall, I got a call I never expected from an old friend from the Michiana Chapter. He was working with Nigel Parker from Brooklin Models to locate cars they had interest in for future offerings. One of those cars was a 1955 Sedan.

Brooklin does unusual cars that others haven't done. I spent about four hours one evening as Nigel painstakingly measured and photographed my car. I still haven't removed the masking tape on the floor in my barn where he so meticulously worked. It was simply awesome to watch the process. He was doing what would have been my career choice as a teen, on a car I've owned since my teens. In 1979, no one thought anything special about a '55 chrome plated snout with 4 doors. Guess I wasn't so crazy for sacrificing other things to preserve my pretty much "survivor" only a weirdo 16 year old could love. Funny, last few times I've showed it, some have commented they didn't know Studebaker made a 4 door Hawk.

Nigel is a wonderful man and I thank him for his interest. Never dreamed my car would be a fashion model:

http://www.brooklinmodels.co.uk/cont...n-4-door-sedan
              Cool! What colors is it?
              Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                wow, doesn't get much cooler than that! Congrats! junior
                About 12 or so years ago my Wife sold toys wholesale ; I had recently purchased my Black & White Speedster and in conversation this Albany NY dealer said he could have one made in my colors since he was good friends with the a model company (Motor City) . This very nice Black-White-Black Speedster model was my Father's day gift that year. Hoo-rah

Murray
                Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

http://sites.google.com/site/intrigu...tivehistories/

(/url) https://goo.gl/photos/ABBDQLgZk9DyJGgr5

Comment

Thanks everyone. Yes, I may get one of the models. My car is Windsor/Alpena Blue. May even be the color of the model. We'll see.

My Champion is a Regal, and used to get mistaken all the time for a President. Here's a couple photos of that day:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GrumpyOne View Post
                    In 1992 I again began a search for a '55 State and went through several carcasses before finding a "parts car" in a junkyard that was complete minus the engine and tranny. Being a master procrastinator, the car languished in various stages resurrection but should be fully mobile by early next year and finished by year's end.

It sure has been a long haul...
                    Yes, it's clear the survival rate of the sedans was low. Nigel spoke of going into a woods with duct tape and several helpers to get measurements for some of the models he's done in the past. The original object for this project was likely a President State Sedan. He commented he enjoyed working on concrete and on something he didn't have to tape together.

I remember back to the 1983 South Bend Meet. We sedans looked so much less "restored" than the C-K models. I recall seeing only one President there, and my mouth watered because it had factory air. Couple Commanders. Another couple Champions. Even back then, we were outnumbered. Thanks for saving another one. Even my Champion is like driving two living room couches down the road. These sedans had great personality, and they are now really rare.

Comment

Congratulations to you for getting Brooklin Models on-board and as everyone has already written, they make some great models.

Frank Ambrogio (56J Register fame) has tired hard to get a quality model company to consider producing a 1956 Golden Hawk model. I live in the UK and Bath is not far from where I live. When I lived in Bristol, I approached them, but was told a flat "No." This may have before Nigel and his partner bought out the business.

So, I have a request for (and Frank A.) - could you please see if Nigel would at the very least consider viewing my car in person... I know exactly where their offices are located in Bath. A very good friend of mine was a manager of a business on the same industrial estate 25 years ago. By Frank's estimation, my car might be circa 1 of 40 in similar condition globally and they'll never get an easier opportunity of getting up close to a car in person. There's isn't another 56J in the UK for a start.

Anyway, great news for you and your car!

Click image for larger version

Name:	LF5_0723.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	1705405
                      Richard
                      sigpic

Comment

Would like to see it 1:18 scale. Not complaining though.
                        sigpic
                        55 President Deluxe
                        64 Commander
                        66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

If there ever was a model car it's a -55 4-d sedan ! ! ! (could even have something to do with the fact that my own Studebaker IS that )
                          Now it'll be difficult to sleep tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by packard352 View Post
                            Congratulations to you for getting Brooklin Models on-board and as everyone has already written, they make some great models.

Frank Ambrogio (56J Register fame) has tired hard to get a quality model company to consider producing a 1956 Golden Hawk model. I live in the UK and Bath is not far from where I live. When I lived in Bristol, I approached them, but was told a flat "No." This may have before Nigel and his partner bought out the business.

So, I have a request for (and Frank A.) - could you please see if Nigel would at the very least consider viewing my car in person... I know exactly where their offices are located in Bath. A very good friend of mine was a manager of a business on the same industrial estate 25 years ago. By Frank's estimation, my car might be circa 1 of 40 in similar condition globally and they'll never get an easier opportunity of getting up close to a car in person. There's isn't another 56J in the UK for a start.

Anyway, great news for you and your car!
                            Well, I don't really have a direct line to Brooklin. But, if the opportunity arises, I will mention it. Seems they've created a niche by doing models of cars that are a little off the beaten path. The opportunity came to me because of people I knew. I wasn't looking for it or expecting it. Since you are so close to Bath, you might try to contact them again. All Studebakers are unique, and the only 56J in the UK is definitely unusual. Not sure who makes product decisions for them, we didn't get into that line of discussion. Good Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by 556063 View Post
                              Thanks everyone. Yes, I may get one of the models. My car is Windsor/Alpena Blue. May even be the color of the model. We'll see.

My Champion is a Regal, and used to get mistaken all the time for a President. Here's a couple photos of that day:
                              Formal and Public congratulations again, Kevin. (For those of you who don't know Kevin, he is the one on the right in the photo.) BP
                              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                              X