Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kansas--Mo.Ice Storm PHOTOS Stude tree trim truck

Posted - 12/12/2007 : 07:57:13 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ICE STORM PHOTOS
    There are many Studebaker families in the Kansas City area.

The rain has stopped but I can still hear trees "snapping", a sound like fireworks.

BRAD

We are getting a little thaw today but snow expected Friday eve.

BRAD

Comment

We are getting a little thaw today but snow expected Friday eve.

BRAD

Comment

Thanks for posting the pix, Brad. It looks like a winter wonder land up there and reminds me of one of my favorite movies, Dr.Zhivago. I recently bought a So Bend lathe on ebay located near K.C. and I think it may be a while before I can get it home, since I am not very experienced in driving on snow & ice. We stopped running the a/c here yesterday and expect some freezing temps this weekend, but so far are counting our blessings.

Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Thanks for posting the pix, Brad. It looks like a winter wonder land up there and reminds me of one of my favorite movies, Dr.Zhivago. I recently bought a So Bend lathe on ebay located near K.C. and I think it may be a while before I can get it home, since I am not very experienced in driving on snow & ice. We stopped running the a/c here yesterday and expect some freezing temps this weekend, but so far are counting our blessings.

Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Your state may be represented here as we have linemen crews from 22 states and we have 1,000 tree trimmers. I have seen tags from Illinois, Colorado, and Montana. More storm info and photos....http://www.sjnp.net/news/multimedia/ Up to 5 inches of snow tonight. We are fortunate and still have power in our home. December 22 to January 15 is the estimate for total restoration of power. Power poles snapped like toothpicks including some new ones that were recently installed. My wife Ree is volunteering in the night shift in a local RED CROSS shelter. RED CROSS has set up 24 hour shelters in the area and has definitely answered the call.
            BRAD

Comment

Your state may be represented here as we have linemen crews from 22 states and we have 1,000 tree trimmers. I have seen tags from Illinois, Colorado, and Montana. More storm info and photos....http://www.sjnp.net/news/multimedia/ Up to 5 inches of snow tonight. We are fortunate and still have power in our home. December 22 to January 15 is the estimate for total restoration of power. Power poles snapped like toothpicks including some new ones that were recently installed. My wife Ree is volunteering in the night shift in a local RED CROSS shelter. RED CROSS has set up 24 hour shelters in the area and has definitely answered the call.
              BRAD

Comment

Print and online newspaper. Also publishes Lady A Magazine, Tomfoolery Magazine and Atchison Globe Express.

More..........Photos

Comment

Print and online newspaper. Also publishes Lady A Magazine, Tomfoolery Magazine and Atchison Globe Express.

More..........Photos

Comment

This morning I saw a convoy of orange power line trucks with North Carolina tags arriving in Atchison.
                    At least 40 Nelson tree trimming trucks arriving from the West.

BRAD

Comment

This morning I saw a convoy of orange power line trucks with North Carolina tags arriving in Atchison.

BRAD

Comment

Go to the Nelson site to see a Studebaker tree trimming truck...http://www.nelsontree.com/roots.html
                        quote:Originally posted by bradnree

BRAD

Comment

Go to the Nelson site to see a Studebaker tree trimming truck...http://www.nelsontree.com/roots.html
                          quote:Originally posted by bradnree

BRAD

Comment

Today, our local FM station came back on the air after being off for a week. In Atchison we have 1,000 linemen and 100 tree trimmers doing repairs. In the area are crews from 22 states. This is the worst ice storm I have seen in 30 years. Yesterday I watched a very very hungry red tail hawk in a neighbor's yard munch on a starling. We have been feeding the birds grains, bananas, and bread with a warm water bowl for fresh water.
                            BRAD

Comment

Today, our local FM station came back on the air after being off for a week. In Atchison we have 1,000 linemen and 100 tree trimmers doing repairs. In the area are crews from 22 states. This is the worst ice storm I have seen in 30 years. Yesterday I watched a very very hungry red tail hawk in a neighbor's yard munch on a starling. We have been feeding the birds grains, bananas, and bread with a warm water bowl for fresh water.
                              BRAD

Comment

Working...
                              X