Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 European Meeting in Clermont-Ferrand. Pictures!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 European Meeting in Clermont-Ferrand. Pictures!

Here are the pictures I took.
    Sorry for the duplicates.

You can also find more pictures there:http://www.autodejavel.fr/viewtopic....=4000&start=30

Some additional info:
    The blue 1961 Hawk without fins but with an opening roof is an all original car which was delivered by D'Ieteren as is at the request of the customer.
    The beige Avanti with the white roof was Raymond Loewy's first personal one in France.
    The black Avanti was Raymond Loewy's last personal one in France.
    At the end of the day, we went to an old car dealer located near Clermont-Ferrand. This explains the non-Studebaker vehicles.
    Last edited by christophe; 05-12-2016, 05:39 AM.
    sigpic

Cool!
    I'm sitting up in Sweden with broken engine & can't even get to our yearly meeting in Norrtälje so this was nice to see!

Comment

Originally posted by Noxnabaker View Post
      I'm sitting up in Sweden with broken engine & can't even get to our yearly meeting in Norrtälje so this was nice to see!
      Sorry for your engine troubles. I've just added about 150 photos. I hope you'll enjoy them.
      sigpic

Comment

Great pictures Christophe. Thanks for posting them. Wish we could have been there. Do you know where the 2017 meet will be held?

Stu Chapman

Comment

Very, very nice report and photos, thanks so much Christophe !

Comment

Thank you very much for your nice comments. As far as I know, the 2017 meeting will be held in Switzerland but I don't where. I hope to be there, too.
            Nice day to all.
            sigpic

Comment

One of the participants Kees Jonngenburger created a great video of all the cars parked up at lunchtime when they were at Riom, France. Here's a link to his Kees' YouTube video - 50+ cars from across Europe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2iaTnQQuuo

Credit goes to Kees and thanks for sharing in the public domain
              Richard
              sigpic

Comment

The blue 1961 Hawk without fins but with an opening roof is an all original car which was delivered by D'Ieteren as is at the request of the customer.

D'Ietjeren was the Studebaker assembler in Belgium. They assembled several Hawks (1961) without fins.
                they used 1955/56 Hawk tail lights and these cars were beautiful. very close to a Power Hawk.
                Peter Kennis in Hilversum , The Netherlands owned one of these.It was light blue but I do not remember that it had a sunroof.
                It may have been the same car.
                I heard that Peter moved to France when he retired. Does he still own that car?

Robert Kapteyn

http://www.studebaker-info.org/Dealers/dleteren2.html

One mistake in the above article was that Belgium separated from United Kingdom of the Netherlands during the Belgian Revolution of 1830 and not from France.

Comment

Hi Rob,
                  Petrus Kennus was at the meet and still owns that car. He is retired and living in Southern France.

Here he is last week with his great car.

Regards
                  Greg

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0549.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	1705397
                  Greg Diffen

Editor Studebaker Owners Club UK magazine

Australian Stude guy living in Warwick, United Kingdom

1933 St Regis Brougham Model 56 delivered new in the Netherlands
                  1937 Dictator sedan Australian Body by TJ Richards RHC
                  1937 Packard Super 8 Limousine UK delivered RHC
                  1939 Packard Super 8 Seven Passenger sedan monster UK delivered RHC
                  1939 Commander Cabriolet by Lagenthal of Switzerland
                  1963 Lark Daytona Hardtop
                  1988 Avanti Convertible

Comment

Does that dealer/museum have a website where I could learn more about their cars?
                    I really like that yellow Alfa!
                    Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Here it is, Dwain:http://www.autofolies.net/
                      Unfortunately, I did not have much time to spend there. There was a ton of cars but they were so close that taking pictures with all the people walking around them was very difficult. I was very impressed by the BIG National torpedo.
                      sigpic

Comment

Thank You Christophe!
                        Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

does anybody know where the European Studebaker Meeting will be in 2017?
                          Cheers
                          Ulli

Stude owner from Munich, Germany

Comment

Greg Diffen of the UK advises me will be in Switzerland in May 2017. I don't have any specific information yet.

Stu Chapman

Comment

I'm pretty sure, this was Loweys last Avanti...........Click image for larger version

Name:	Loewy-Avanti.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	1709982
                              Bez Auto Alchemy
                              573-318-8948
                              http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                              X