Stude Dr's Buggy in Minnesota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude Dr's Buggy in Minnesota

There's a gas station/convenience store/antique shop on the way to my dad's place. Buried (and I mean buried) under a ton of antiques and collectables is a Studebaker Doctor's Buggy. Can't see much as it it's being used to display the other "stuff" but I've been assured it is a Studebaker and supposedly has a tag or something that verifies it.

These pics are as good as I can get and don't show much. The feller said the wheels had been "restored". What I could see of the seats looked complete but showed some wear. The tag said $3,000 which seems pretty high to me but the owner said he'd "deal". The buggy comes with everything needed to hitch up except the horse(s).

If anyone wants the contact info email me off-forum, please.

BShaw,Webmaster

60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
    Woodbury, Minnesota
    sigpic
    Bob Shaw
    Rush City, Minnesota
    1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
    "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Paging Gary Hearn; PAGING GARY HEARN. [:0][8D] BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Paging Gary Hearn; PAGING GARY HEARN. [:0][8D] BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

There are two currently on e-Bay with much lower BIN's and this one does not even have any pin striping on the wheels. As I already have 2 buggies I am thinking of adding a Studebaker wagon. If anyone would buy either my IH or Dodge 4x4, I could get both.

Comment

There are two currently on e-Bay with much lower BIN's and this one does not even have any pin striping on the wheels. As I already have 2 buggies I am thinking of adding a Studebaker wagon. If anyone would buy either my IH or Dodge 4x4, I could get both.

Comment

When I first saw your posting I thought it might of been the one on Summit Ave. I looked at that one (this one is not it) and it was not a Studebaker. This one should have an id plate under the front seat.

58 Packard Wgn (Parade Red)
            58 Packard Wgn (Park Green)
            58 Packard Sdn (Shadowtone Red)
            62 Daytona (White)
            63 R2 Lark (Super Red)

Comment

When I first saw your posting I thought it might of been the one on Summit Ave. I looked at that one (this one is not it) and it was not a Studebaker. This one should have an id plate under the front seat.

58 Packard Wgn (Parade Red)
              58 Packard Wgn (Park Green)
              58 Packard Sdn (Shadowtone Red)
              62 Daytona (White)
              63 R2 Lark (Super Red)

Comment

quote: When I first saw your posting I thought it might of been the one on Summit Ave. I looked at that one (this one is not it) and it was not a Studebaker. This one should have an id plate under the front seat.
                Yes, and id tags can also be found on the rear axle cap. Often, when restoring the carriage, the tag is moved under the seat as a precaution against losing it.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                Lotsa Larks!
                K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                Ron Smith
                Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                Ron Smith
                Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

quote: When I first saw your posting I thought it might of been the one on Summit Ave. I looked at that one (this one is not it) and it was not a Studebaker. This one should have an id plate under the front seat.
                  Yes, and id tags can also be found on the rear axle cap. Often, when restoring the carriage, the tag is moved under the seat as a precaution against losing it.

Lotsa Larks!
                  Ron Smith
                  Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                  Ron Smith
                  Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
                  X