1959 Studebaker Lark looking for parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1959 Studebaker Lark looking for parts

Starting a thread for my 59 Lark. 259 v8 with automatic transmission. I'm working on getting it back on the road and am in need of some parts. I wanted to try here before I order through studebaker international.

I can pay through PayPal and would need parts shipped to Sherwood, WI.

For starters I am looking for:

*passenger side exhaust manifold with the 2 studs on the top for my alternator bracket
    * exhaust y pipe that connects to the bottom of the passenger manifold
    * a new heat riser? If only running in summer is this needed? If I remove it will I need to extend the current exhaust pipes?

Pictures for reference: the last picture is the heat riser? Picture keeps loading upside down.. Sorry

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	1750896

Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	1750897

Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	1750898

Doug, I sent You a PM - in regards to Parts.
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

I lived in NW Iowa with my 59 and I removed the heat riser completely. I took (2) 1/4" thick flanges and welded them together to make a spacer. I have NEVER had a problem with vapor lock on this car. You being in WI shouldn't have a problem. I also did not have a problem with cold start or operating with the choke on too long.
      Dis-Use on a Car is Worse Than Mis-Use...
      1959 Studebaker Lark VIII 2DHTP

Comment

Yes as mentioned you do need a spacer about an inch or a little less if you use stock Head Pipes to fit without a Heat Riser Valve. That one appears to be a Chrysler Product and not correct anyway, one thing is that it's Too thick.

The Exhaust Manifold you are seeking for a '59, would have the Generator Bracket bolted to it, so if you have a Prestolite or Honda/Toyota Alternator conversion you would need a Bracket for a '63-'64 Stude. V8.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

still in search for the y pipe/connector pipe pictured above. I do have a deal worked out for the heat riser, and exhaust manifold from a forum member.

Comment

If it was me, I would have dual exhaust run from front to rear rather than having the crossover pipe reinstalled. Oh, I guess that was what I did. You can do it too unless you're going for all-out restoration.

Comment

Originally posted by BILT4ME View Post
              If it was me, I would have dual exhaust run from front to rear rather than having the crossover pipe reinstalled. Oh, I guess that was what I did. You can do it too unless you're going for all-out restoration.
              Ditto on the dual exhaust. Looks great, sounds great even with quiet mufflers. And the chrome tips can be the huge 6" diameter just like the big diesel guys use. Just kiddin of course.
              sals54

Comment

Try Parks Pipes for your wye pipe
                Great folks to deal with and a Studebaker vendor.
                sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

I bought a block off from Jon Myer to replace the heat riser. If memory is correct it ran about $24 plus shipping each. On another project I needed a right head pipe & got it from Parks Pipes & was very happy with the fit.
                  59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                  60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                  61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                  62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                  62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                  62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                  63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                  63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                  64 Zip Van
                  66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                  66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Thanks for the info. If I decide to stay stock I will contact parks pipes. The dual
                    Exhaust idea does sound pretty nice though....

Comment

Looking for a used windshield. I have a small chip in mine. I can live with it but if someone has a used one that's in good shape I may be interested. Mine is clear glass with no tints or sun shades.

Also has anyone had any luck with paint touch up bottles matching perfectly for Studebaker colors? I called a few places asking and they were unsure if they could do a good color match for the seamist green.

Comment

We have been using the Sea Glass Satin color by Krylon and then spraying a clear gloss over it to get the gloss. It's close for touch up and parts down low.

Comment

Working...
                        X