Weatherstripping for Lark HT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Weatherstripping for Lark HT

I am looking for a set of weatherstripping for a 62 Lark 2Dr hard top. I need pretty much everything. I'm concerned about buying from Studebaker International because NOS rubber parts are seldom very good. Is there a place that makes reproduction new ones?

Thanks,
    Christoph

Very little true NOS rubber is still out there. SI, and most other vendors have been selling repro rubber seals for several years now. I believe it all comes from the same place, but unsure where that it. So just chose your favorite vendor and order it from them.
    In other words, you are gonna get the same product, no matter which vendor you buy it from, because they all get it from a common source.

By the way, the repro rubber is excellent, and lasts many years. I usually get mine from SI, but there are many other vendors out there.

Comment

As an FYI, the reproduction front door seals for the HT and Convertible lacks the proper top of door rubber "filler" material that leaves a "gap" where the vent window casting meets the windshield post.
      Dan Peterson
      Montpelier, VT
      1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
      1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

Had the same experience as Dan when I did my 60 Convertible. Wish I had known as I would have cut the top off the old and glued on to the new before discarding the old. Don't make the same mistake. When I researched who reproduces the rubber, I found out it was started by "Fennesy from Tennesee" and his business has been taken over by his daughter Valerie. She vends at the major meets. And yes Studebaker International buys from Valerie, so you are likely getting the same part no matter who you buy from.
        Bob
        Bob
        Welland Ontario
        60 Lark Convertible
        64 Daytona
        sigpic
        "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

Thanks for the replies! I do like the idea of a whole kit. The car is from Arizona and all of the rubber is in bad shape. But hey, no rust. I'm getting ready to strip the car down, do some body work and paint it. Although I've been told that the "patina look" is all the rage and I should just leave it alone.

-Christoph

Comment

Originally posted by pinehurstbob View Post
            Had the same experience as Dan when I did my 60 Convertible. Wish I had known as I would have cut the top off the old and glued on to the new before discarding the old. Don't make the same mistake. When I researched who reproduces the rubber, I found out it was started by "Fennesy from Tennesee" and his business has been taken over by his daughter Valerie. She vends at the major meets. And yes Studebaker International buys from Valerie, so you are likely getting the same part no matter who you buy from. Bob
            Has anyone pointed out this problem to Valerie? Maybe she can fix it, if she is aware the problem exists. We have to be thankful that anyone is doing this for such a small number of buyers. Might just require a minor mold modification.

Comment

How would one get a hold of this business?

Comment

valerie hansen 615-356-7510 e-mail vhansen615@gmail.com

I bought the kit for my 63 hawk. seems to be pretty good quaity, and she includes more items than SI, at least for the hawk.
                bhapner

Comment

Originally posted by hitbyastick View Post
                  How would one get a hold of this business?
                  Hello and Welcome to the SDC and to the SDC Forum, it appears that you need to "Join Up" so you will be getting our Award Winning, Monthly Publication "Turning Wheels".

Many of these where and how to questions will be answered once you have some info at hand and excess to Local Chapters and Members, learning Studebakers becomes a whole LOT easier!
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Sound advice from StudeRich. I was in South Bend this past weekend and Valerie's table had a note on it that she could not attend for personal reasons but to order and she would pay the shipping!! Now that's a vendor that's committed to us and worthy of our support.
                    Bob
                    Bob
                    Welland Ontario
                    60 Lark Convertible
                    64 Daytona
                    sigpic
                    "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

Haha I actually have been getting the magazine for about a year. I signed up to the club as soon as I got the old lark. I was looking at it yesterday looking every so stately in the driveway and I'm debating actually painting it when I take the glass out.

As a side note, there's lots of folks in my neighborhood who have given me very positive feedback on the car. Bearing in mind I'm the house on the corner that has the interesting cars around. Porsches, VW, Jeeps, Old Chevrolets cars and trucks, shoebox Ford .... none have gotten the attention the Lark has!

Comment

Originally posted by hitbyastick View Post
                        Haha I actually have been getting the magazine for about a year. I signed up to the club as soon as I got the old lark. I was looking at it yesterday looking every so stately in the driveway and I'm debating actually painting it when I take the glass out.

As a side note, there's lots of folks in my neighborhood who have given me very positive feedback on the car. Bearing in mind I'm the house on the corner that has the interesting cars around. Porsches, VW, Jeeps, Old Chevrolets cars and trucks, shoebox Ford .... none have gotten the attention the Lark has!
                        The reason Rich assumed that you were not a member of SDC is because Valerie runs ads in most issues of Turning Wheels.
                        Skip Lackie

Comment

No sweat. I don't read ads all that often and I didn't keep the turning wheels magazines.

Comment

But, there's nothing but ads.
                            South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

Working...
                            X