Studebaker Proving Ground Tree Sign As Seen From a Drone Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Proving Ground Tree Sign As Seen From a Drone Video

I don't know if this was posted here before. It's not new on YouTube but I did not see it before until now.

The 'B' and the 'R' look a bit rough, but otherwise this 'living sign' looks to be in pretty good shape!

Comment

It has been looking a bit haggard and unappreciated until recently. New efforts are removing dead wood and replanting some of the original species. Hopefully Navistar has appreciation for the nature of this arboreal wonder.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Thanks for the posting of the video. I have walked through those trees in the past whilst attending SDC International Meets.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
        MELBOURNE.

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
          It has been looking a bit haggard and unappreciated until recently. New efforts are removing dead wood and replanting some of the original species. Hopefully Navistar has appreciation for the nature of this arboreal wonder.
          Navistar has no direct connection with the tree sign other than maybe being a good neighbor. The property that includes the sign belongs to the St Joe County Park district. They have done considerable work on the trees in the past few years. Navistar owns only the track and garages.
          Richard Quinn
          Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Very cool, thank you for posting this. I haven't seen this. Gosh that little drone was high, wasn't it?
            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I wonder if they could send a drone over the Studebaker graveyard in late fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Daytona View Post
                I wonder if they could send a drone over the Studebaker graveyard in late fall.
                That would be great to see. I wonder what is left in there?
                RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Working...
                X