PepBoys, the final chapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PepBoys, the final chapter

Monday afternoon I had a phone message from a young lady @ Pep Boys.Being after 7 pm I waited to call back till yesterday morning.She asked me which store did I want to go to for my refund,simple as that.When I specified which one that was having the going out of buisness sale ,she called them and when I walked in the door,a refund was issued with no argument. Not much eye contact either! Kinda felt like a leper!! LOL But they did finally come thru.I do not know where in the corporate food chain Mr Yanowitz is,but his secretary must have some pull!! I did phone her extention back and thanked her for helping me with this issue.

Good for you!

Chris Pile
    The Studebaker Special
    Midway Chapter SDC
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Good for you!

Chris Pile
      The Studebaker Special
      Midway Chapter SDC
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Went to Home Depot to pick up some lumber and hardware to make a gate to keep one of my dogs off my back deck. The only check out line open was the self serve. I scanned two items and put them in the bag and then the cash register told me there was an unexpected item and to remove it. I followed the instructions but the machine would not let me proceed with my transaction.

No one around to help, I yelled if there was any help in the store and when no one came I simply left the items on the cart and counter and went to Lowes.

Comment

Went to Home Depot to pick up some lumber and hardware to make a gate to keep one of my dogs off my back deck. The only check out line open was the self serve. I scanned two items and put them in the bag and then the cash register told me there was an unexpected item and to remove it. I followed the instructions but the machine would not let me proceed with my transaction.

No one around to help, I yelled if there was any help in the store and when no one came I simply left the items on the cart and counter and went to Lowes.

Comment

Good luck getting any good service over there!

In my area they are WORSE! The stores used to be great, when Eagle owned them, and had really GREAT selections of items, even lots of hardware and fasteners but no more!

quote:Originally posted by Guido

Went to Home Depot to pick up some lumber and hardware /CUT/
            I simply left the items on the cart and counter and went to Lowes.
            StudeRich
            Studebakers Northwest
            Ferndale, WA
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Good luck getting any good service over there!

In my area they are WORSE! The stores used to be great, when Eagle owned them, and had really GREAT selections of items, even lots of hardware and fasteners but no more!

quote:Originally posted by Guido

Went to Home Depot to pick up some lumber and hardware /CUT/
              I simply left the items on the cart and counter and went to Lowes.
              StudeRich
              Studebakers Northwest
              Ferndale, WA
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I shot myself in the foot on this one, my kids got mad at me for yelling, it cost me at least $5.00 more at Lowes and took an additional 20 minutes. Maybe some day I will learn....

Comment

I shot myself in the foot on this one, my kids got mad at me for yelling, it cost me at least $5.00 more at Lowes and took an additional 20 minutes. Maybe some day I will learn....

Comment

I always avoid the "self check out" If I have to do their job, I want a 20% discount! and I haven't got one yet!
                    I also hate the "automated" phone systems!

Jim
                    "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                    their Memorials!

Comment

I always avoid the "self check out" If I have to do their job, I want a 20% discount! and I haven't got one yet!
                      I also hate the "automated" phone systems!

Jim
                      "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                      their Memorials!

Comment

Amen to that, Jim!

Shay

Expert Daddy's Girl
                        Louisiana
                        1950 Commander

Comment

Amen to that, Jim!

Shay

Expert Daddy's Girl
                          Louisiana
                          1950 Commander

Comment

One of our grocery stores here uses the "self check out" system. Problem is, it doesn't recognize sale prices and a cashier has to be around anyway to scan a special card so it will! Doesn't save me time and I'm beginning to wonder if it saves them money which is why it's there isn't it?[xx(][}]

Terry

Comment

One of our grocery stores here uses the "self check out" system. Problem is, it doesn't recognize sale prices and a cashier has to be around anyway to scan a special card so it will! Doesn't save me time and I'm beginning to wonder if it saves them money which is why it's there isn't it?[xx(][}]

Terry

Comment

Working...
                              X