On the Rubicon Trail....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the Rubicon Trail....

.....I have posted these pictures somewhere on the Forum previously, but last night I was watching Top Gear (I know there is a lot to criticize the show for) where the three guys each chose an off road vehicle to conquer The Rubicon Trail. Each was very different. As I began watching I was sure I was going to have to be overly critical because when the history was discussed, I remembered these pictures. Low and behold the next thing I saw were these photos and more!

Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Neat, I like what it says across the back Body - and talk about narrow squeeze through Driving
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Hey, this would make a good event for the Karel Staple Chapter....
      Lou Van Anne
      62 Champ
      64 R2 GT Hawk
      79 Avanti II

Comment

I love this show and my son and I will watch hours of it at a time on netflicks ..
        I find it very entertaining and funny at times .. They are great drivers and say exactly
        whats on their mind .. Im glad to see some sort of Studebaker content made it into
        the show. We will have to find that one and watch it .. THanks for the heads up !!
        Love my Lark

Comment

On the same show they were advertising a new show called "Car Hunters" Basic premise is that 3 cars are test before someone buys a car from what I gathered in the 30 second promo. One very brief 3 second shot toward the end of the promo showed a 63 White Gran Turismo in a driving shot. I don't know if the show will feature the car in the future but I do have my DVR set for the premiere show on Tuesday, May3.

Thanks for the shots that were on the show. I did see them and thought they were great. At the Grand Canyon inside on of the lodges (can't remember which one) there were similar shots of Studebaker Touring cars at the Grand Canyon.

Bob Miles
          Tucson AZ
          Home of Lazarus and Meshach

Comment

Bumping this thread for a couple great photos.

The top photo is of the Little Sluice and the second one looks like Spider Lake. Beautiful trail, one of my favorite.
            Cheers,
            JOE

--------------------------------------------------

"After all is said and done, a hell of a lot more is said than done"
            Clark Olmstead

Comment

Here's a couple more I found. Auburn Chamber of Commerce on the side.
              Attached Files
              Cheers,
              JOE

--------------------------------------------------

"After all is said and done, a hell of a lot more is said than done"
              Clark Olmstead

Comment

Working...
              X