Carpet for 59 Lark 2DHTP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpet for 59 Lark 2DHTP

Does anyone know a source for pre-cut / pre-fab carpet for a 59/60 Lark 2DHTP? Specifically in a dark (Jade???) green. I have seen versions from Kanter and JC Whitney in Black, Tan, or Red, but nothing else.

Does anyone have any suggestions or sources? The biggest issue seems to be the green.

I did some searches on here, but again, no pics on old stuff and I only get Kanter and a reference to "A reputable long-time Studebaker vendor" that didn't do a great job. Don't know who it was, so I can't even call them to get a bad job done.

The closest I've come is to buy a large chunk of Jade Green carpet from an ACC vendor and cut and sew it myself or steam it, or let it lay in the sun for "X" number of days to let it mold to my floor. I'm close to going to the nearest place and buy some astroturf and gluing it down.........That way the leaks in the windows and the holes in the floor won't matter as mush and it can still leak out the bottom.........

If someone here has had SUCCESS with carpet for a 59/60 Lark, please let me know who and where......
    Dis-Use on a Car is Worse Than Mis-Use...
    1959 Studebaker Lark VIII 2DHTP

I was going to use this place. I ordered some samples last year but never did order the carpets. They have certain colors listed for Studebakers but it says other colors available at extra cost.
    I can't say if they're any good but the prices seem reasonable.

Kits are sewn to conform to the vehicle's flooring area. Seams on the tunnels and other complex curves allow the carpet to contour to the floor pan. 2 piece design and full floor coverage for most. Studebaker carpet kits come with matching vinyl driver heel pad & padding. Avanti, Commander, Hawk, Champion, and more.

Studebaker loop colors
    Kits are sewn to conform to the vehicle's flooring area. Seams on the tunnels and other complex curves allow the carpet to contour to the floor pan. 2 piece design and full floor coverage for most. Studebaker carpet kits come with matching vinyl driver heel pad & padding. Avanti, Commander, Hawk, Champion, and more.

Studebaker cut pile colors

Other colors
    Need extra yardage to complete your interior restoration, we have many styles & colors. Carpet yardage is sold by the yard (36" x 76") and available in a Cut Pile, 80/20 Loop, Nylon, Essex, Daytona, Truvette, Gros Point, and Tuxedo. We also sell our pebble grain floor vinyl by the yard.
    Last edited by Bordeaux Daytona; 04-28-2016, 06:53 AM.

Comment

They have a good selection of Colors, I would order samples of the Jade and the Dark Green.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I don't see Jade under the loop section. I suppose you could order cut pile if you wanted to. Would loop be correct for an early Lark?
        There's a dark green and green in the loop section.
        The samples I ordered looked ok. I guess the caso in me likes the price. I don't know if anyone here has used them before.

Comment

Thanks guys!

I did not find them in my search. I have sent them message to see what I can get.

Comment

Do you think Will Sander (Starliight Studebaker) may have something available for your Lark?
            sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
            Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
            "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

I have the rear carpet but not the front.
              Will
              "The Common Sense Car"

http://www.starlightstudebaker.com

'61 Lark "Isabella"
              '63 Lark "Lucy"
              '63 Wagonaire "Carl"
              A bunch of other Larks
              '50 Starlight, '55 Speedster , '58 Packard Hardtop, '59 Pickup, '64 Avanti "Jerry"

Comment

Will I sent you an email.

I'm also looking for front/rear seat covers, sunvisors (L&R), and the dark green carpet front and rear.

Mark

Originally posted by lotsalarks View Post
                I have the rear carpet but not the front.
                Will

Comment

Working...
                X