BIG Studebaker photo you will like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIG Studebaker photo you will like

The BIG 1931 President Four Season roadster at the Studebaker Proving Ground in 1931. Photo scanned from the Studebaker News dealer paper of Sept 3, 1932 now running on Ebay.

Click image for larger version

Name:	32 news big rdstr copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	1750812
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Dick,
    I noted with interest the contents of the STUDEBAKER NEWS you have on Ebay & the Salesmen Humdinger competition. I suspect that may be a list of winners in image four. If so, would the name of G.A.Berger appear which is on the back of my Humdinger screw back dated 1932?
    Thanks, Jim.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
    MELBOURNE.

Comment

Originally posted by HAWK64 View Post
      Dick,
      I noted with interest the contents of the STUDEBAKER NEWS you have on Ebay & the Salesmen Humdinger competition. I suspect that may be a list of winners in image four. If so, would the name of G.A.Berger appear which is on the back of my Humdinger screw back dated 1932?
      Thanks, Jim.
      He sure is Jim. Listed as New York, NY. Now you will have to buy this paper!
      Richard Quinn
      Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

I will never understand why they destroyed that giant car. My heart weeps every time I see a picture of it.
        Jon Stalnaker
        Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03027.jpg
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	1705017In Dick Quinn's Studebaker News reference is made to the 1932 Studebaker sales Humdinger competition. Those successful new car Salesmen received one of these screw back pins as recognition with their name on the back as well as the trip to South Bend.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
          MELBOURNE.

Comment

Originally posted by HAWK64 View Post
            Those successful new car Salesmen received one of these screw back pins as recognition with their name on the back as well as the trip to South Bend.
            Was Bert Needham one of the recipients of these? If so, that would have been a mighty expensive trip!!

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
              Was Bert Needham one of the recipients of these? If so, that would have been a mighty expensive trip!!

Craig
              Back in 1932 that Humdinger sales competition would have been confined to the Continental U.S. I believe Bert would have been too young in 1932 to have been the famous Sydney Studebaker Dealer that he became mainly in the postwar era. I was with him in the late seventies when he was tragically injured when a fan blade broke away at high revs from the R4 engine he was leaning over & hit the side of his head.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
              MELBOURNE.

Comment

[QUOTE=HAWK64;986668]Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03027.jpg
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	1705017In Dick Quinn's Studebaker News reference is made to the 1932 Studebaker sales Humdinger competition. Those successful new car Salesmen received one of these screw back pins as recognition with their name on the back as well as the trip to South Bend.[/QUOTE

Jim , always enjoy looking at your Studebaker "stuff "
                sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Working...
                X