Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1942 Studebaker Commander

Greetings,

I`m the owner of a 42`Studebaker Commander and it is not easy to find some parts, the tail lights and steering wheel to be more specific.
    Does anyone have any ideia where I can find these parts?

Appreciate it.

Here is what your tail lights look like. Are you missing just the lense's?

Click image for larger version

Name:	043.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	1704984
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Tom Shrock makes the wheel. I have new tail light assembly for one side.

Comment

Originally posted by matheustarantin View Post
        ... it is not easy to find some parts,
        Welcome to the SDC forum! I hate making assumptions but, can we assume you have not joined the Antique Studebaker Club or the Studebaker Drivers Club?
        Gettysburg is in the center of a hotbed of Studebaker owners. How can we make it easier?
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Try Shrock Brothers for the steering wheel. I bought my steering wheel from them for my '56 Golden Hawk - love it and their work. You can search on their website and communicate with them via

Good luckClick image for larger version

Name:	LF5_0824.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	1705008
          Richard
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
            Here is what your tail lights look like. Are you missing just the lense's?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53479[/ATTACH]
            Unfortunately the set of both sides.
            I don't know if you remember, I'm from Brazil and you sent me an email explaining some modifications that were made on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by studerex View Post
            Tom Shrock makes the wheel. I have new tail light assembly for one side.
            Can you send me some pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
              Welcome to the SDC forum! I hate making assumptions but, can we assume you have not joined the Antique Studebaker Club or the Studebaker Drivers Club?
              Gettysburg is in the center of a hotbed of Studebaker owners. How can we make it easier?
              Actually I'm from Brazil and just stayed in Gettysburg for a few months, but while I was there couldn't find anything... Maybe I didn't find the right place to look for.

Comment

Do you have part numbers for the items you need?
                If you own a rare car like that , you should invest in a parts manual and a workshop manual and give the part numbers for the items you need.
                I have many 1942 Studebaker parts in stock that are inventoried by part numbers.
                Robert Kapteyn
                studebaker@mac.com

Comment

And, by all means, join at least the Antique Studebaker Club to gain access to parts vendors specializing in parts for the more mature Studebaker.

Here are some pictures on Shrock's web site. http://www.shrockbrothers.com/Wheel_album.html

They always have their display at our swap meets (York is close to Gettysburg but it was last month.) Contact them and maybe you can see them at Hershey.
                  Brad Johnson,
                  SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                  '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
                  X