Honda alternator/ electronic regulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Honda alternator/ electronic regulator

I did the nippondenso/ honda alternator conversion on my wagonaire, which seems to work well. My question is has anybody else used the mopar/studebaker electronic retro regulators that look exactly like the original regulator. Several sellers have them on ebay and the brand name is regitar. I put one on and it seemed to work great at first, but test driving the car on the road a few times and it started charging wide open. I had purchased it way ahead of time and warranty was no good. So now I ordered another one from a different seller that has 1 Year warranty. I just wanted to see if anybody else is using one and if it has worked out ok.

The Electronic Voltage Regulators that us Studebaker Vendors sell look correct also, but have no brand name and work very well.

Sorry no experience with Regitars.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Doing a Google search I don't get anything from stude vendors !

Comment

rbigal;
        Give David Thiebault a call. 978-897-3158 I have one of his on my Avanti for over 5 years and it is still working fine. He either makes them or has them made. Let home know that you are using a Honda alternator not a Prestolite.
        Ron

Comment

Originally posted by rbigcal View Post
          Doing a Google search I don't get anything from stude vendors !
          A actual Phone call or email (remember those?) is the only way to buy Studebaker Parts, and not only get the RIGHT Part but also KNOW what you are getting!

If you are a Smart Phone user, you may think it is Old School, but it still beats any "APP" for accuracy any day of the week!

The one Thibeault sells for Avantis does not work on Wagonaires.

How many do you want Cal?
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
          X