Name:	IMG_0167.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	1750790
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0173.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	163.2 KB
ID:	1750791Hi All, Just got back from the first local cruise in of the season. First pic. is the boss ready to go. Two Studebakers there, my '54 and my friend Bob's de-finned '57. Added a few pictures of brand Xs I found interesting.
    Last edited by 1954khardtop; 04-23-2016, 06:19 PM. Reason: corrected year of Hawk
    Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Your Friend's Hawk appears to be a '56 Flight Hawk 6 or a Power Hawk V8, not a de-finned anything!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      Your Friend's Hawk appears to be a '56 Flight Hawk 6 or a Power Hawk V8, not a de-finned anything!
      As usual, I agree with Rich. No C body (coupe) 1956 Hawks originally had fins.

Along those lines (of agreement), Rich and I both posted similar responses on another thread/topic at exactly the same minute today.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Sorry, I made a mistake. It's a '57 not '56. It has '53 doors and rear fenders.

Comment

OK it's a Nice Hawk either way, glad you were able to attend.

But I would still rather take your '54 Starliner any day, anyway!
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks Rich!

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
              But I would still rather take your '54 Starliner any day, anyway!
              So would I. I will chose the clean lines of the K body anytime over the C body.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Good deal Dwight, hey so does the Boss get to Drive the Stude
                Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Hi Joe,
                  She hasn't yet, but with the power steering and auto trans I'm sure she can. I've offered, but I think she doesn't want to be the first to put a scratch or ding on it.

Comment

Dwight, the way We're Talking "Her Ears might be ringing" really though I'd cut Her loose - sad sooner or later the first scratch
                    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

I enjoyed the pictures. Interesting thing would be to take these pictures out to the public, like in one of those "Jay Walking" or "Water's World" episodes, and ask people to guess where the pictures were taken. I bet few would guess New York. Folks not from the northeast just don't think "small town," or "rural," places exist in New York. These pictures prove that "down to earth" folks and "home town" America is coast to coast and extends into Canadian America. Great pictures. Thanks for posting!
                      John Clary
                      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Thanks for posting!

Unless one counts the annual World of Wheels show that was held indoors last February, our first Cruise Night of the year was at the local A&W with close to 200 vintage and special interest cars. We had three Studebakers in attendance; Kevin Fonseca with his '64 Daytona sedan, Jess Smith with her 1951 2R5, and myself with Big Bertha. The weather was great, although somewhat cloudy, but an excellent way to kick off the 'old-car' season.

Craig

Comment

I love your black Hardtop!!! I can't imagine posting my first "cruisin" posts when my Champion will be ready to go ...... (2017? 2018?)

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                            I enjoyed the pictures. Interesting thing would be to take these pictures out to the public, like in one of those "Jay Walking" or "Water's World" episodes, and ask people to guess where the pictures were taken. I bet few would guess New York. Folks not from the northeast just don't think "small town," or "rural," places exist in New York. These pictures prove that "down to earth" folks and "home town" America is coast to coast and extends into Canadian America. Great pictures. Thanks for posting!
                            Nice cars, and looks like a good time was had by all.

When I received military orders for Syracuse in 1975, all I could envision was a concrete jungle. Little did I know, New York State is beautiful, and in some places about as rural as can be. The people grew on me also. Until now, my best old friend lives in Syracuse. Lots of wonderful memories of CNY and Upstate NY here.

Comment

Working...
                            X