Hawk production in Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawk production in Canada

A friend would like to know about any years of Hawk production in Canada as indicated below. I am sure many know the answer which will be appreciated.

"Could be, but my take on the first paragraph was that it implied that the Hawk was produced outside of the USA after the end of the
    1963 model year, while the second paragraph said it was not shifted to Hamilton. If I get ambitious I might dig into my ancient 1960's musty magazines in the basement, but not until I get caught up on reports!"

He is great on cars and asked.
    "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

I don't always trust Wikipedia, but this piece seems to have been authored by somebody who knows the story.

Comment

Originally posted by 63 R2 Hawk View Post
      I don't always trust Wikipedia, but this piece seems to have been authored by somebody who knows the story.
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studebaker_Canada

The 1964 GT Hawk was NOT produced in Hamilton. The 1963 model WAS produced in Canada. The picture shown in the Wikipedia link is NOT the Studebaker plant. It's the Otis head office and plant building. The Studebaker head office building was further down the street and does not even show in the photo.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Working...
      X