Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a 1938 Studebaker tail light worth ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a 1938 Studebaker tail light worth ?

I have 1ea. 1938 Studebaker tail light I want to sell , only thing on ebay was a pair with no lens for $399,I just have the one, not a pair . Seemed kind of high to me. If you can help me with more info, I would appreciate that also ,
    Attached Files
    Randy Wilkin
    1946 M5 Streetrod
    Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

I bought some similar to that for my 39 CE....not sure exactly how much...maybe 75 to 100 each. 400 seems pretty steep. perhaps if they are very very rare.
    Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

This pair sold for 1 bid of $200.00, so the $100 each sounds reasonable..

This single light went for $110.00

On eBay you can look at past auctions for price comparison, by performing the normal search, say, "938 Studebaker tail light"

And then check the "Completed listings" check box..

The ones for $400.00 have been on there several time with no bidders.. Not even complete..
      Last edited by SScopelli; 04-21-2016, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Thanks for comments , I put it on ebay for $100 , Is nice compared to ones I see on the site.
        Randy Wilkin
        1946 M5 Streetrod
        Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Would two taillights have been standard by 1938? That seems to be in the period when they were transitioning from one to two taillights.
          John
          1950 Champion
          W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
          Holdrege NE

Comment

Originally posted by Lothar View Post
            Would two taillights have been standard by 1938? That seems to be in the period when they were transitioning from one to two taillights.
            My 38 State Commander has 2 tail lights and is an original survivor.

Comment

Many cars of that era had one tail light and the second was optional.

If you're gonna drive it you'd want two lights with halogen bulbs on the back for sure.
              Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Originally posted by rodnutrandy View Post
                I have 1ea. 1938 Studebaker tail light I want to sell , only thing on ebay was a pair with no lens for $399,I just have the one, not a pair . Seemed kind of high to me. If you can help me with more info, I would appreciate that also ,

Looks like I was the winner of this!
                I got the one last week for 110 and now yours for 120. That puts me at 230 for a pair of NICE and complete tail lights. I like these better than my 39 lights.
                Last edited by HemiCoupe; 04-25-2016, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HemiCoupe View Post
                  Looks like I was the winner of this!
                  I got the one last week for 110 and now yours for 120. That puts me at 230 for a pair of NICE and complete tail lights. I like these better than my 39 lights.
                  Glad you got it, Tried to wrap the best I could, put a plastic cover over glass, wrapped light in bubble wrap , boxed it, put box in another box with bubble wrap . Praying it gets to you in shape it left here , sent priority , should have it this week, Only cost me 3 times what I billed shipping, but worth it to deliver mint , I pray!
                  Randy Wilkin
                  1946 M5 Streetrod
                  Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Thanks! I appreciate it! Cant wait to have 2 tail lights on this thing finally

Comment

Originally posted by HemiCoupe View Post
                      Thanks! I appreciate it! Cant wait to have 2 tail lights on this thing finally
                      If you think that's cool...wait 'till you discover the ""Wig-Wag" tail lights available, back in the day!
                      John Clary
                      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                        If you think that's cool...wait 'till you discover the ""Wig-Wag" tail lights available, back in the day!
                        There were two WIG-wags on EBay a few months ago out of Colorado. Buy now price was $200 I tried emailing and calling but never got a connection. They are kind of cool and different.

Comment

Please advise if it got to you Ok . Tracking shows it has been delivered .
                          Randy Wilkin
                          1946 M5 Streetrod
                          Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Working...
                          X