Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another '54 Starliner comes back to life.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another '54 Starliner comes back to life.

I wasn't having any luck selling my '54 Starliner so decided to get it running, driving and stopping to help the sale. After checking for stuck valves, cleaning the carb and points it surprised us by starting quite easily. The master cylinder needed a rebuild but the wheel cylinders were good to go after a line flush and bleed. A buddy of mine happen to call into the Studebaker of Australia shop just as we were about to fire it up and got it on video. The registration certificate on the steering column said the car was last registered in 1975 to the 'Santa Rosa Neon Lite Company', 1285 Central Park Ave, Lakeport Ca. Unfortunately they don't exist anymore, nor the building.

Matt
    Brisbane
    Australia
    sigpic

Visit my Blog: http://www.mattsoilyrag.blogspot.com.au/

WOW, that car looks familiar. Looks fabulous, guys. Good luck on the sale.
    sals54

Comment

Great video, thank you for posting it.

Comment

Nice looking Stude and it should certainly sell now. I'd sure like to own it.

Comment

The IV bottle is a nice touch!

Comment

Being that Holden may be nearing the end of production, I suggest you drive that car to their corporate headquarters and convince them to reproduce 1954 Starliners. Great looking car! Sounds good too!
            sigpic
            In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
              Being that Holden may be nearing the end of production, I suggest you drive that car to their corporate headquarters and convince them to reproduce 1954 Starliners. Great looking car! Sounds good too!
              It's funny you should say that. When we had the 50th memorial, with mock funeral and wake, a Holden driver commented it was a bit strange. I suggested to him seeing Holden, Ford and Toyota will be ceasing vehicle production in Australia next year he should start planning their memorial celebrations ;-)
              Matt
              Brisbane
              Australia
              sigpic

Visit my Blog: http://www.mattsoilyrag.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

That '54 has MUCHO potential!!

Comment

You shouldn't have any trouble selling it now!
                  Paul
                  Winston-Salem, NC
                  Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                  Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Tooo cool ! I dunno why you'd wanna sell that. I'd make it a rolling project. Thanks for sharing it with us

Comment

Working...
                    X