King pin rebuild kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King pin rebuild kit

Is this kit enough or does it fall short? Mine seem Ok may purchase as a spare & are they hard to obtain ?

$105 at SI, not rare, so your call.

Comment

If the spindles are not worn, that should take care of things. I would just wait until you need them and buy from SI, let them keep it on their shelf.

Comment

I see they have replacement KP's with a core charge right up to the 61 Hawk and 63-85 Avanti's
        Is there a source for those King Pins?

*800331 1961-66 car, all models except 1961
        Hawk) & 1963-85 Avanti. Includes rebuilt king
        pins (2) with new upper and lower sleeves,
        all bearings, bushings shims & seals for both
        sides. ...................................$465.00/kit

Comment

If you are asking if there is a source for '61 Hawk King Pins, that is no problem.

They use the more common early style King Pins that use more Negative Caster, for all models 1953 to 1960 easily available re-machined or Used from scrapped Cars.

Very few would be left in former owner's Clothes closets, but some are still around, just not fresh New ones, since they are expensive Forgings that will never happen.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

*800331 1961-66 car, all models except 1961
            Hawk) & 1963-85 Avanti.

I guess my question is really about reading comprehension...
            Do they mean "all model(cars) from 61-66 including 63 and 64 Avanti's.... Excluding 61 Hawks only
            or
            All models (cars) 61 - 66 excep 61 Hawk and 63 - 64 Avanti's? Excluding 61 Hawks and 63 - 64 Avanti's

Maybe its an east coast vrs west coast way of reading things?
            Just trying to get a handle on what this set of new KP's in the box I have are.

Comment

1961 Hawks are the only exception to '61 and up king pin applications.

Comment

Working...
              X