VIN # identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other: VIN # identification

I have a 1937 Express Coupe pick up and I would like to decode the VIN #, is there a link I could access that might be helpful?

Sorry, but VIN numbers didn't exit prior to 1968. Some companies place certain information in their serial numbers before that but Studebaker information was mostly limited to year and model and sequence number. The Studebaker Museum may be able to located a more detailed description of how a vehicle was produced by serial number: http://www.studebakermuseum.org/p/ar...-and-products/

Comment

If it's a 1937 Coupe Express, it's a model J5. The serial number will be J5-xxx. If it's a 1938 model, it'll be K5-xxx. No other info can be inferred from the serial number. As noted, the Stude Natl Museum can provide a production order with a description of how your truck was built.
      Last edited by Skip Lackie; 04-06-2016, 01:37 PM.
      Skip Lackie

Comment

The Studebaker National Museum will send you a copy of the original production order for $48. This will tell you what is to be known about your particular CPX.

The Studebaker National Museum Online Store is the place to shop for all of your Studebaker related merchandise needs....
        Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
        50 Champion 2 door*
        53 Commander K Auto*
        53 Commander K overdrive*
        55 President Speedster
        62 GT 4Speed*
        63 Avanti R1*
        64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Maybe you gents are right but I don't think there are production records before 1938 from the Museum. Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

Working...
          X