Skeeter Hawk had a good day at Drags - 13's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skeeter Hawk had a good day at Drags - 13's

Well , a good day at the track for sure , and the 1st 13's ! .

Here's the time slips , Ist run was a Mustang , and even with my slow reaction time, I won .
    Run 2 was a lone run ,as they closed the lane to switch to the next category , but let me in. 13.950 !!
    Run 3 was against a turbo Firebird ( older ) , and I won , but the Poncho was coming on fast , but I had a much better R/T . My Et 13.885 !
    The weather was great , and the Dew Point was in the high 40's .
    Run 1 was at 18 psi in the slicks ( stupid me forgot to adjust them ) and No 2 was 15 psi , No 3 was at 12.5 .
    Note the new genuine fake headlights in the pics .

Apr 3-16 runs by Bill H, on Flickr

Skeet OSW Apr 3 16 4 by Bill H, on Flickr

Skeet on Trl Apr 3 16 B by Bill H, on Flickr

Skeet OSW Apr 3-16 1 by Bill H, on Flickr
    Bill H
    Daytona Beach
    SDC member since 1970
    Owner of The Skeeter Hawk .

Great to hear about Studebaker success. How much does your car weigh?
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Fantastic!!
      Richard
      The annual all Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Car Drag Race is Saturday May 27th 2017 9:00 am at Brown County Dragway in Bean Blossom, Indiana. "Studebaker Drag Racing you can't beat it" For more information contact Richard Poe

Comment

Way to go Bill! I'd love to get the 60' times you have. Your season is off to a great start. Hope you have many more runs and gradually get even deeper into the 13's.

Ted

Comment

Nice going, Bill. And nice-looking car. Congrats.

George
          george krem

Comment

(Great to hear about Studebaker success. How much does your car weigh? )

The car weighs 2790 with no driver. That weight has been verified 3 different times , on 2 different scales .
            With an almost stock engine , the weight is the key to the performance . F=MA .

Thanks to everybody for looking . BTW , the car is no show car , and the pix make it look a lot better. I do not
            have polishing genes. It is built to be a race car , and has the dings to show for it .
            Bill H
            Daytona Beach
            SDC member since 1970

Comment

Hope to come see you race when I come to Florida. Thanks for doing Studebaker proud and congratulations on your wins.

Comment

13 seconds for a mostly stock 289 is pretty impressive! Nice work!
                Last edited by evilhawk; 04-05-2016, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Good Show my friend!
                  Neil Thornton

Comment

Nice to see Studes getting the notoriety they deserve. Great showing! Looks like most of your weight loss is from the nose. Very well done.
                    Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
                      Nice to see Studes getting the notoriety they deserve. Great showing! Looks like most of your weight loss is from the nose. Very well done.
                      Bill
                      Thanks

A good bit was the nose , but it is a lightened everywhere . Fiberglass deck lid , Lexan windows except for the back glass , and the car is
                      " backhalved " . No interior except for the dash , a Kirkey Aluminum seat , Drag race front tires / wheels ( very light ). All of this is basically
                      standard Drag race stuff. An 8 point cage adds some weight back though .

The entire saga is here :

BTW , this car was a hulk when I got it .
                      Bill H
                      Daytona Beach
                      SDC member since 1970

Comment

Nice work. I was happy to get my 55 into the 17s (lol). Every time I tweek something, it's like a brand new toy. Rock on!
                        Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Well done! I too am envious of your 60' times. I am sure it will go faster from here!
                          Pat Dilling
                          Olivehurst, CA
                          Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Working...
                          X