PDA

View Full Version : GT Hawk headliner bow mount points

wlfrench
04-03-2016, 04:57 PM
Does anyone have have pictures of the interior of the GT Hawk roof minus the headliner? I'm having trouble finding the mount points for the bows. I would really hate to have to open it up to look under there to find em its installed so well now.

swvalcon
04-03-2016, 06:55 PM
I can get you one tomorrow. Just what do you need? I have two body shells without the headliners in them.

wlfrench
04-03-2016, 08:35 PM
I need to see where the holes are to mount the chrome bows. I know about where they should be but I'm having trouble getting the exact spot before I poke a hole to insert a screw.

bezhawk
04-03-2016, 08:41 PM
A hat pin or very large sewing needle can probe through the headliner without harm

candbstudebakers
04-04-2016, 02:02 AM
Since the bows cover the seam and you get the right bow for the right seam you can push one up about where it should go and the sick a pin in the hole and if the head liner is in right the hole should be right there, where in the world did you fine bows?

swvalcon
04-04-2016, 02:53 PM
As Bob said they go right were the seams are. I started to take pictures of the body's I have with out headliners and there is nothing of any use to anyone there. I did take one of the car I have with the headliner and bows still in it. As you can see they cover the seam in the liner so you can not see where the pieces of the headliner are sewn together. Hope this helps you somewhat. Steve

wlfrench
04-04-2016, 05:05 PM
Thanks guys. I have tried to locate the spot with a pin but my poking around has been inconclusive to my mind. I'll try again when the weather improves around here.